Gaming Honnestly, why should I buy Skyrim for switch?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean, the price is the same as when it just got launched on pc (80CAD)
I can buy it on pc for like 20$
if you tell me "ye but u hav Zelda kit"
ill say, ITS LINK NOT ZELDA and also that im pretty sure i can get it through mods support on pc

So, tell me, why should i waste all that money for a game i can get on another plateform for half of half the price

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't. Unless you always have the urge to play Skyrim on the bus or metro, don't waste your money to buy it on the Switch. Just play it on PC. Now, if you have a bad PC that doesn't have an up-to-date graphics card, just buy it on the Switch. It really depends on your current situation.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, the price is the same as when it just got launched on pc (80CAD)
I can buy it on pc for like 20$
if you tell me "ye but u hav Zelda kit"
ill say, ITS LINK NOT ZELDA and also that im pretty sure i can get it through mods support on pc

So, tell me, why should i waste all that money for a game i can get on another plateform for half of half the price
No one is forcing you to buy it

Reactions: Quantumcat

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I own it on PS3 and PC, but I still bought it on Switch. I got it because portable Skyrim is something I've wished for for years. Sure I can play it on a laptop but this is different.
If you're looking for something extra to try and sell you, really you should keep looking and just get something else. This is Skyrim, plain and simple. Glitches and all, just the way I like it.

Reactions: nmkd

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Honestly? I don't believe it's worth it. Paying full price for a 6 year old game that is lacking in terms of features? Nope. I'm waiting til it drops to about $10. If that never happens? Then oh well.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly? I don't believe it's worth it. Paying full price for a 6 year old game that is lacking in terms of features? Nope. I'm waiting til it drops to about $10. If that never happens? Then oh well.
How's it lacking? It got all DLC.

Also, I got it for 40€ on Black Friday.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally would like to buy it for portability and because I like the game, but I am not planning to pay full price for it.
Not a chance, I will wait some time for it to go below 40€, I already have it on Steam anyway, but I don't have a PC to play it :(
(and I didn't play more than 5 hours back when I had a PC)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, fuck... It was selling for 40€ somewhere?
Meh, missed opportunity.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

No mod support is a HUGE letdown. I understand that the hardware may not support it... It looks to be just above the Xbox 360/PS3 graphics. All DLC? Cool. Still over 4 years old at this point. This was a shameless cash grab. Do I think it's worth it? No. Am I going to judge you for buying it? Nah. Skyrim on the go sounds highly enticing.. Not for $60. I bought Odyssey instead.

Last edited by Kioku,

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I agree with everyone. Buy it for portability. That is if you're still going to play it. I see no reason to buy it at that price though. Maybe when it's on sale. That'd be great. Until then, It's a no for me. But damn, portable Skyrim does sound good, the same goes with Doom and all other AAA ports.

Reactions: Kioku

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No mod support is a HUGE letdown. I understand that the hardware may not support it... It looks to just above the Xbox 360/PS3 graphics. All DLC? Cool. Still over 4 years old at this point. This was a shameless cash grab. Do I think it's worth it? No. Am I going to judge you for buying it? Nah. Skyrim on the go sounds highly enticing.. Not for $60. I bought Odyssey instead.
Again, got it for 40 instead of 60, and never played it before.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At least it has the full game on the cart... Also i played it on 360 and pc all the way theough but never owned it (just lended it cough cough) so i think it was ok for me to get it since i actually wnted to revisited the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all