Status
Not open for further replies.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been interested in console hacking since the Wii homebrew days but I don't have any knowledge on this field and don't know where to start. And it takes time to know what's currently going on on the scene because of how closed they are.

Start with reading exploitation guides such as "Smash the Stack for Fun and Profit" and other writeups describing exploitation on Windows. Research the metasploit framework and set up a testing environment with some virtual machines. Start reading guides on C and Assembly. Follow some basic metasploit guides and challenges. Participate in a CTF (which is a sport for hackers). Once you have this background you start targeting console specific architecture (watch f0f's presentation, analyse Marionumber1s source code for the browser exploit etc.). Then all you need to do is get on IRC and ask... Marionumber1 and NeKit (very friendly guys) were happy to share and discuss details with me because I understand the terminology and system architecture.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
(Sigh) Of course hacking was at it prime in 2008 it was easy to bypass security back then.

Why can't people see if you look through out the years, you'll see why its so advance smh. You see companies patch up their system last gen to make sure it wouldn't happen again, but some succeeded, and some failed.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
redety9u.jpg

Anyway, hacking is still alive! Eh, Gateway?

Reactions: Satangel

alundra212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop worrying about being able to be a cheap stake and actually buy and support the games you like.

The piracy days for good and for bad are over.

Security on consoles is way too complex now.

Maybe you will see something on wii u or ps vita but that's it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stop worrying about being able to be a cheap stake and actually buy and support the games you like.

The piracy days for good and for bad are over.

Security on consoles is way too complex now.

Maybe you will see something on wii u or ps vita but that's it.

Or just get a PC, likewise android and co seem easy enough to get root on. Equally that may be fatalistic even for me.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know very little about what's involved in console hacking, but it seems to me that the Vita is crying out to be exploited.. surely the perfect platform for mobile emulation/homebrew with it's control options & glorious screen (1st gen models)
I know there's a few methods via game exploits atm, but the options are severely limited & not least because you need a particular game to make use of them.. Is full (PSP level) access ever likely with the Vita or should I stop dreaming?
Exploiting the Vita for full access and not just PSP-Mode is extremely difficult, Sony didn't fuck around with their security (just like they didn't fuck around with that 3.55 update on the PS3 that still hasn't had any known later version exploits).

Yifan Lu has been dicking around with Vita hardware (he's the on that dumped the Vita's NAND), and katsu is dicking around with various different things, dual-booting firmwares, attempting to fuck with the NAND, and various other doings.

Or just get a PC, likewise android and co seem easy enough to get root on. Equally that may be fatalistic even for me.
Also, you don't need to root or anything to pirate on Android ;)

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you guys probably noticed Nintendo released 3DS version 8.0, but all it does is add security fixes. Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse