Homosexual people want to marry in France?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Langin, Jan 28, 2011.

Jan 28, 2011
  1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    First the Dutch Sauce

translated from the page with google.

[​IMG] I am not going to France anymore! [​IMG]

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Gaaaay.

I don't really understand why anyone would ban gay marriage.. I never did. How is it different to a normal marriage?

3. NatureMade

Member NatureMade GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I feel like the topic title is extremely...offensive...
    Homo's just feels too "Slang" and insulting when all you had to do was spell out the whole word, "Homosexuals"

Either way, kinda a shocker. I thought everyone over in Europe was chill with these kinds of situations.

4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I changed the topic title to be a little less offensive in terms of slang.

I'm not gay, but as a supported of gay rights, this is a sad day for human freedom. Another little bit of that freedom chipped away...

It's kind of interesting though. As a small child i visited France. That was my first encounter with homosexual people. At the time, i didn't understand why two women would be kissing one another. It seemed much more open (at least at the time) and public than it tends to be over here in the US. I too am surprised about this restriction. I always thought Europe was more open minded and accepting about homosexuality in general (some countries at least, France included).

5. ZANZAROTH

Member ZANZAROTH GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I never liked France in the first place but now I have a good reason not to like its government as well.... Good job dimwits!

6. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Thanks for the title change, didn´t think of it.

Holland is very open minded!

7. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Did you really just ask that?

8. Cuelhu

Member Cuelhu КУ!

it's not that different, really, marriage is a matter of financial interest. We gays don't wanna marry for religious purpose.

9. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    It's a reasonable question, although I wouldn't put it as a normal, more like heterosexual.
    There is no difference between a homosexual marriage and a heterosexual marriage, outside of that fact that one happens to be between 2 people of the same gender.

10. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    How is it different? That's an easy one. Marriage rituals tend to involve the great angry beast known as religion. Said great angry beast has been used time and time again over the years to legitimize people's fear of homosexuality. If the marriage rituals didn't involve religion, take place in a church, etc, the complainers really wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Love is a concept far removed from what gender you are.

11. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico
    if the french dont want to let gay get marry well is their country anyway i know how to fix it dont call it marriage call it something else like butt buddies or something else who knows

12. Ace

Member Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Sweden
    How am I not surprised? I've despised the French government ever since Sarkozy took the throne. Things are starting to feel downhill in Southern Europe....

13. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    well under normal laws, it should be allowed cuz it doesnt affect the people but religiously it affects the morality of the society/country
    logically (though i cant say i really am good at it), if the reason is religious, then why ban the burqa (veil of the face)? is it bcz of security reasons? then why ban this? is this also bcz of security reasons? do they feel that disallowing gay marriages will reduce... crime? what kind of crime is this other than religious?

i aint giving my clear opinion on this but if they allow gay relationships, cuz it becomes normal then who will stop something like (sorry for saying this) sleeping with their mothers cuz its freedom? would ppl reject this activity or allow it cuz of freedom? the problem i have with freedom is how far it goes and if a limit is established, why does it keeping changing? are humans changing (physically,mentally,morally)?

sorry for the questions cuz i didnt want to be starting a war here

14. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    thats not a tired argument or anything. gay marriage drive people towards incest! why can't we marry our pets! [​IMG]

you aren't born with incest tendencies. you are born gay. i think its hard for some straight people to grasp this because they haven't gone through what we have (coming out, finding out our sexual identity, etc).

i don't have faith that this thread will last long, judging by how long other similar threads lasted.

15. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Wait, so you're saying that homosexuals want to be treated like everyone else as is their right as human beings?

What madness is this?

16. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    u trying to piss people off it has been proven time and time again that if you are gay or strait is deided at birth. this has been proven by science. incest is not decided at birth like if your gay or not.

i think what the french government is doing is horrible i am straight but i support gay marrage 200%. its not like you asked to be gay or not. but love has no gender is my belief

17. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    I think we should fund a search for a cure to homosexuality. It's obviously a defect that people are born with. Science needs to step in. Besides gays are really annoying. I'm over the whole gay thing. I can't understand this gay derangement syndrome that so many people have. Everyone is obsessed with gays. Wait and see what happens to the gays when Muslims become the majority in Europe and gays are treated the same why they are in Iran..

18. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    are you trying to pis people off or are you joking. being gay is a fine thing to be but you are being a douch that is one of the worst things to be. do you enjoy pising people off cause you re really pissin me off?

19. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States

Pliskron? [​IMG] is that you?

I don't care what the gays and lesbians do. Let them marry already.

20. Warrior522

Member Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

United States
    "They see me trollin'..."