Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
some of the hate in this thread is cringe.

i quote:

"i hate those trans with bigger penis then me. with sexy sexy bodies and unbelievable faces.

stupid sexy trans"
You are going to make me blush, Daddy Flame :wub:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

OP
Shaming other people for their sexuality is evil. It leads to surpression and many problems in life (including others).

Are bisexual men equally attracted to men and women btw?

Depends. For me, it kinda its like that now, but, well, it can change in the future

Also, Jesus Christ, I just wake up. I didn't expect this many answers.

some of the hate in this thread is cringe.

i quote:

"i hate those trans with bigger penis then me. with sexy sexy bodies and unbelievable faces.

stupid sexy trans"

Wtf?! Excuse me? What happened here?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i know discrimination is wrong in a lot of ways but i also think that people these days get angry easily on the internet and sometimes use the therm phobia really easily at someone over little things like just one sentence quoted wrong or just one word rather than getting angry at someone for having a different opinion i think its better to ignore them if you can't live with all the opinions on the internet you won't be able to go to the real world so ignoring people rather than fighting with them is a wiser option(this goes to a lot of things not just transphobia homophobia or whatever)

Reactions: Kleyon and IC_

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't care if you prefere to f*ck a dude or even a car exhaust, I just want people to let everyone live their life.

What do you think about all the hate that a lot people has for people that are part of the community LGBT+?

It's no surprise when you have "extreme" cringe or stupid behaviours in such communities (Same apply with Feminism with femens, or racism with stuff like with the Evergreen College for example).
Peoples in need of power over others are part of that kind of movement and ruin its main purpose, those (communities) are usually great at start, and get really bad at some point.

Just let everyone live their life, and live yours, stop forcing "LGBT+" everywhere for NO reason (FFS this shit with television, TV shows etc...), and be kind to everyone.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Depends. For me, it kinda its like that now, but, well, it can change in the future

Also, Jesus Christ, I just wake up. I didn't expect this many answers.

Wtf?! Excuse me? What happened here?
There’s a really long rather transphobic rant that he’s referencing on the previous page.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re: hatred on display and present if you know what to look for.

I am never sure silencing people does anything.

For instance I have never heard the phrase

"I used to hate gay people but they shouted me down so hard that I stopped"

whereas

"I used to hate gay people but I met one and actually they were a good person, stuck up for me in a fight, played some games, it sucked when their dad died and other than that we generally had a good time"

That sort of thing is so common as to be the default, not to mention catch more flies with honey generally speaking to it being a thing for far longer than that. At very best the former might have been shut up so hard their kids did not know about it and it died with that generation (see also the fate of religions -- if you don't actively practice it then your kids care less and less until it is gone). More likely they retreated into an echo chamber, or realised keeping their trap shut and just acting passively to undermine things is a better plan.

"else using the derogatory T word that is also against the site rules"
No. Calling someone a t****** (ignoring the statement of fact thing that might as well mean water off a duck's back and the other debate as to where and when it is an offensive term -- some places it is not, some times it was not) is not cool (that would probably fall under the attacking other members part of the rules). A different matter entirely is quoting something, discussing the nature of the term using the term and while it is maybe not the most polite thing to say (not that profanity is a great issue in general) in a phrase that probably flies too.

To that end maybe quote what you reckon is offensive. Ask why they might think that way and why someone else would follow them in that logic.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re: hatred on display and present if you know what to look for.

I am never sure silencing people does anything.

For instance I have never heard the phrase

"I used to hate gay people but they shouted me down so hard that I stopped"

whereas

"I used to hate gay people but I met one and actually they were a good person, stuck up for me in a fight, played some games, it sucked when their dad died and other than that we generally had a good time"

That sort of thing is so common as to be the default, not to mention catch more flies with honey generally speaking to it being a thing for far longer than that. At very best the former might have been shut up so hard their kids did not know about it and it died with that generation (see also the fate of religions -- if you don't actively practice it then your kids care less and less until it is gone). More likely they retreated into an echo chamber, or realised keeping their trap shut and just acting passively to undermine things is a better plan.

"else using the derogatory T word that is also against the site rules"
No. Calling someone a t****** (ignoring the statement of fact thing that might as well mean water off a duck's back and the other debate as to where and when it is an offensive term -- some places it is not, some times it was not) is not cool (that would probably fall under the attacking other members part of the rules). A different matter entirely is quoting something, discussing the nature of the term using the term and while it is maybe not the most polite thing to say (not that profanity is a great issue in general) in a phrase that probably flies too.

To that end maybe quote what you reckon is offensive. Ask why they might think that way and why someone else would follow them in that logic.
Sorry but racist comments are immediately dealt with and the poster goes for a few days holiday no questions asked. It should be no different for transphobic hatred. Especially when you have another staff memeber saying its hatred and site rules say hatred will not be allowed here and action will be taken.

Which it is until its transphobic hatred then myself or Lilith have to start PMing staff before you actually do anything about it. Its bloody ridiculous

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Forgot part about films/TV before.
The statement some made about "only trans should play trans" and all the related stuff (only gays should play gays). Might they bring something to the table? Ignoring that people asked to act their job usually suck at it I can see a lived experience be able to inform a role. At the same time the point of acting it, acting, so just like we don't have aliens playing aliens but people in suits or puppeteers then yeah that is a silly thing.

Sorry but racist comments are immediately dealt with and the poster goes for a few days holiday no questions asked. It should be no different for transphobic hatred. Especially when you have another staff memeber saying its hatred and site rules say hatred will not be allowed here and action will be taken.

Which it is until its transphobic hatred then myself or Lilith have to start PMing staff before you actually do anything about it. Its bloody ridiculous

Depends where, and when and what context there might be. There have been plenty of people that might well have been able to see the light be allowed to see what went wrong.

"ew fucking gender bender t******** you disgust me and get off the website"
Rather less ambiguous.

"I think it is OK to not hire a transexual to a job"
That might warrant a question of why do you think that way?

Spin another. Let's not teach it in schools to kids (see the fun and games up north a few months back). That has merits to and fro, and the approach used is also up for consideration (in general sex ed the heavy biology vs practical realities thing is long debated, never mind the abstinence is the only way stuff some septics seem to go in for).

I scanned around and presumably the statement on the previous page was not my own use of the term but the one about the library story time. For me that would sit as use of provocative and potentially profane terminology but hatred is a further step than I might be willing to make at this point, potential for it but not necessarily indicated.
That I could stand to see debated as well. For the most part I don't care and basically the same as a pantomime or something, however I would not believe for a moment it is not a deliberately/calculatedly provocative act of marginal merit ("I met one" could well be "one told me stories as a kid and they were OK") to the audience in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm