• Likes 5

Are you part of LGBT+ community?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
So, I was discussing with some douchebags that thought it was funny to use gay as an insult. After some minutes, I knew I was losing my time and ended the conversation. For context, I'm Bisexual. You can easily know that cause of my profile picture (The Bisexual flag) but, getting out of the closet wasn't really easily. I live in Mexico, an, really homophobic country. Despite we have all our rights, a lot of people in the country are really homophobic, using a lot of insults like "maricon" or "mariposon" (Really, really homophobic terms here in Mexico). To add more, my family is Christian, and I was in a Christian school... (I'm now Atheist) So, accepting my sexuality was pretty difficult. My family is also pretty homophobic, and taught me that any type of affecting between people that aren't heterosexual was bad. I could never watch anything related to LGBT+ and every time my family talked about it, they said a lot of horrible stuff. There is actually one day that my grandma got really angry cause she saw two lesbians kissing. So... for a lot of time, I tried to hide my feelings for men, cause I was scared of what people around me will said. That, combined with more stuff, make me fell in some horrible mental stuff, but, well, I don't wanna talk about that. But, after some time, my mom accepted my sexuality, I met more people of the community and some of my heterosexual friends accepted my sexuality. My family isn't pretty receptive with that... But, at least my mom accepts me like I'm. So, well, that is my history. So, I wanna hear your opinion and maybe your histories. What do you think about all the hate that a lot people has for people that are part of the community LGBT+? Had you pass for similar experiences?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm not a part of the LGBT+ community. However, I do believe that you should have the basic right to feel comfortable regardless of your sexual orientation. I see a lot of hate. I've seen a lot of hate. I think it's unnecessary and anyone who spews that bigoted vile has some insecurities they need to work on. Can't be a functioning member of society if you're too busy hating your fellow human.

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People are just oversensitive.
We are born, we eat, we drink, we reproduce and die, it's that Simple, by breaking this circle you defy your very own existence and that's really it.

The fact that we have 40 "sexualitys" those days makes my head hurt, we can endlessly ask ourselfs if using modern technology is against our nature but one thing should be clear: if you live you are obligated to follow the circle.

People like this make me sick.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are just oversensitive.
We are born, we eat, we drink, we reproduce and die, it's that Simple, by breaking this circle you defy your very own existence and that's really it.

The fact that we have 40 "sexualitys" those days makes my head hurt, we can endlessly ask ourselfs if using modern technology is against our nature but one thing should be clear: if you live you are obligated to follow the circle.

People like this make me sick.

life is never that simple, or clear cut. plenty of other species utilize non-heterosexual sub types for species upkeep, as it improves the species fitness as a whole. Homosexual dolphins protect the rest of their pod from predation during mating season. humans have this, homosexuals by and large volunteer more, and improve our society because they are not chained down by children of their own. gay and lesbian brothers/sisters take care of their nephews and nieces when something unfortunate happens.

D

Deleted User

OP
I have been subjected to a lot of transpobic abuse on this site but as I have said before.

Haters are confused admirers who can’t understand why everybody else likes you.

Its that simple really.
You should be proud of been a transexual. Not many people can do that big change in their life cause of the social pressure. Cause if people like it or not, social pressure CAN affect a lot in our life. And a lot of people cause of that pressure never do the change and live unhappy for the rest of they life. But I'm glad to see you did it. My best wishes!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be proud of been a transexual. Not many people can do that big change in their life cause of the social pressure. Cause if people like it or not, social pressure CAN affect a lot in our life. And a lot of people cause of that pressure never do the change and live unhappy for the rest of they life. But I'm glad to see you did it. My best wishes!
Thank you that was very kind of you to say

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I told @AmandaRose in a pm. a homophobe is about the stupidest thing you could be. there are much easier ways to tell the world that you're gay. denying it isn't getting you anywhere.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like both.

Also, you can personally fuck off if you have issue with it. Even with the notion of people fearing what they have no reference of if I have to substantiate anything in this case that argument doesn't work considering that's a problem with how you look at sexuality and not society.

I've never had to deal with it, but I don't think I've gave the time of day to anyone who has a problem with it, either. Regardless, in general it's more an issue of most people being taught that liking the opposite gender is correct and gender roles existing, and society making it seem like the revelation of that being untrue had you feel weirder than it should. Most people just don't have that happen, or want to. This is "I don't care therefore I don't need to know" group.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's anyone's business really. who cares? it's funny how many homophobes (republicans) are caught in gay scandals. there is a hilarious song parody of the most staunch homophobes who turn out to be gay on youtube.

D

Deleted User

OP
So, I was discussing with some douchebags that thought it was funny to use gay as an insult. After some minutes, I knew I was losing my time and ended the conversation. For context, I'm Bisexual. You can easily know that cause of my profile picture (The Bisexual flag) but, getting out of the closet wasn't really easily. I live in Mexico, an, really homophobic country. Despite we have all our rights, a lot of people in the country are really homophobic, using a lot of insults like "maricon" or "mariposon" (Really, really homophobic terms here in Mexico). To add more, my family is Christian, and I was in a Christian school... (I'm now Atheist) So, accepting my sexuality was pretty difficult. My family is also pretty homophobic, and taught me that any type of affecting between people that aren't heterosexual was bad. I could never watch anything related to LGBT+ and every time my family talked about it, they said a lot of horrible stuff. There is actually one day that my grandma got really angry cause she saw two lesbians kissing. So... for a lot of time, I tried to hide my feelings for men, cause I was scared of what people around me will said. That, combined with more stuff, make me fell in some horrible mental stuff, but, well, I don't wanna talk about that. But, after some time, my mom accepted my sexuality, I met more people of the community and some of my heterosexual friends accepted my sexuality. My family isn't pretty receptive with that... But, at least my mom accepts me like I'm. So, well, that is my history. So, I wanna hear your opinion and maybe your histories. What do you think about all the hate that a lot people has for people that are part of the community LGBT+? Had you pass for similar experiences?

Mexico is also deeply religious (depiste all the violence.. they claim to be at least hehe). All I'd say is to avoid bringing it up in general and don't try and force your beliefs down anyones throats - not saying that you were but it's how I feel as a Christian living right outside DC (10% of DC is homosexual) - unless they are really close friends. It's like politics and other issues here in the states, you just don't go there w/ certain people, people will disagree and especially this day and age people feel like their opinion is the only one, and that the person who disagrees is an awful person. Only two or three people know my views on everything b/c of cancel culture. Again, not that I fit the profile to be 'rightfully' cancelled (no such thing IMO - you're only hurting the people's family and kids, just like sanctions against countries we don't like end up doing in many cases). I just feel better keeping anything that could ever be construed as offensive to someone to myself / off social media.. so it kind of works in reverse too. Not saying what you're likely going through is less bad, just saying.

Thats sucks about your family man. Mine would totally support me no matter what I did in life and that must be really devastating :/ Dunno what else to say.. I do think a lot of the 'hate' comes from people being accused of hate and feeling pushed against a wall. Maybe not in Mexico but here in USA for sure, same w/ 'systemic racism'.

Anyways just be yourself, don't view it as a loss having hateful people not like you - you're just rooting out who really likes you for you.
Peace!
-eastwald

Reactions: Deleted User

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about religion, I think most homophobes are homophobic first, then religious second, so they don't say the Bible says this or that. they hate gays, then use the Bible to justify it, not the other way around.

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't think it's anyone's business really. who cares? it's funny how many homophobes (republicans) are caught in gay scandals. there is a hilarious song parody of the most staunch homophobes who turn out to be gay on youtube.

C'mon man don't be ignorant. Not all homophobes are Republicans. That is just childish to say. They are however, more likely to be Religious, and freedom of religious expression is what this nation was essentially founded out (religious refugees). Personally, I love everyone, even those who disagree w/ me. I was really liberal and a registered Democrat not even 6 years ago. I think they (Liberals) have good intentions but we just disagree w/ how to move forward and such as a social liberal they usually are relatively small differences, and I can't stand how the media divides and conquers us (msnbc/fox,all of em).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

about religion, I think most homophobes are homophobic first, then religious second, so they don't say the Bible says this or that. they hate gays, then use the Bible to justify it, not the other way around.
thats one of my main problem w/ the bible. contradictions. but don't blanket say religious people hate gays man, it's not true. I had problems w/ alcohol and my best friend died and that night.. something I can't explain happened. I was a total 'science explains everything' (which it does for 99.999 of things) and an unappologetic atheist but that changed overnight. Feeling the warmth leave your best friends body is some.. stuff I really hope nobody has to deal w/ here.

Reactions: CactusMan
D

Deleted User

OP
I didn't say all homophobes are republican. I said many are. most probably are actually since that's the Christian party.

You said this:
" it's funny how many homophobes (republicans).." in your first (that I saw) post. That means all homophobes are Republican..

In your second one, you did say most.

I respectfully think you are mistaken on Christianity - kind of like Trump 'republican' voters. Just because people vote a certain way, or go to church and believe in God, doesn't mean they believe in the Bible - written by men.. theres a lot of in between in christianity. Likewise, Trump voters don't believe in everything he says.. most conservatives don't even like him hehe. Many are single issue (2nd amendment, freedom of religion focused) and that's OK. Things don't need to be black and white. And religion gets people through really rough patches in their lives. I try and look at the good in things, not focus on just the bad.
Gnight man,
eastwald

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Attached is what you said. I'll let people decide for themselves.

I'm actually an Independent BTW who hasn't voted for a Republican (nationally) since 1992.... not sure what you're trying to say? I am defined by my party? .. more of that shit, really?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-04 050824.jpg
    Annotation 2020-08-04 050824.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good