Homebrew Homepassing on Mac OSX isn't working for me

MLynxC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

Fairly new to here and I need help with something regarding Homepassing.

I am using a 13" macbook pro (2011) and I tried using different methods to homepass such as relaymyhome, and the one on this site specified somewhere on the forums (when I used google search).

I got the relaymyhome script running and my 3DS recognized the shared network on my laptop and I got the Nintendo Zone notification but no streetpasses. Then when it cycled to another mac address, I had to set up the name and everything again for every time it did that. Eventually got fed up and deleted the script.

The one I tried from the forums on here, I went into terminal and entered sudo ifconfig en1 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx and all that stuff but it didn't work again and then when I tried restarting my system, the mac address reset to the default. If I'm being too vague about the method, it's here https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#post-4736991

I live in a rural area and I don't have a vehicle (can't drive either due to medical condition). Not sure if everything isn't working because my internet is garbage. Is there any other way I can do this that isn't too complicated or can someone correct me if I am doing something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt