Misc HomePass help on DD-WRT

Theoretical Limi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new router (TP-Link TL-WR740N V 4.27) and uploaded the DD-WRT firmware which was a piece of cake. No TFTP needed.

Confirmed Working: TP-Link TL-WR740N Ver 4.27 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/18/14) std build 23919

Working: Nintendo Zone + Internet Access + Streetpass Tags

What I found very frustrating was there was not a dedicated forum thread here just for Macintosh or Windows or Linux or DD-WRT or OpenWRT. All the advice was being thrown around in a single 134+ page thread that's a nightmare to sort through, especially considering you can't search for these terms: "DD-WRT", "Mac OS X" because they're "too short" or "too common"

Key bits of information I needed that weren't in some of the guides:

• In DD-WRT click on the Setup tab and there you will find MAC Address Clone. This MUST be enabled with an address (doesn't matter which one as the cron job will override it while the Mac Cycler script is running) I used 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 and got my first Streetpass Tags from it.
  • This helped: http://imgur.com/a/a07os#jS3trXH
  • Using 192.168.137.1 as the router gateway address.
  • using the "v4" script from this page to get the mac cycler working. using BASE256 at the moment. The default is BASE16 so for more tags you're going to want to change this.
  • The QSS button on the back of the router doesn't seem to start/stop the cron job like its supposed to.
Other advice that's scattered over the web.I'm adding this here for other newbies. I don't know if 100% of this is true but it seems that way to me.:
  • Streetpass tags happen when you have the 3DS closed and you're not in DS sleep mode with a DS game playing.
  • You can only get 6 Streetpass tags from one MAC address, and you can get a maximum of 10 before you must "greet them at the gate" to let them introduce themselves before more can be let in.
  • Once you have gotten one or more streetpass tags from a single MAC address there's a "cool down" period of 8 hours before you can get more from that same MAC.
  • You'll want to snag pink puzzle pieces and play games with your tagged Mii's to take full advantage.

SunTzuNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I Tried installing the script, I wanted to set it all up for automatic, but I am still fighting with manual changes. I don't understand the *** and putting a /2 somewhere. Guide should be a little more dumbed down for Dads like me

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I think this thread can help me. I set the script up on my tp-link 1043dn and I seem to be able to get street passes, but the Nintendo zone doesn't work. My 3DS shows the Nintendo zone icon and it is flashing blue, I even get the pop up saying there's a Nintendo zone nearby. But when I try to run the software it tells me it couldn't connect to the Nintendo zone. What do I need to do to have this working?

Theoretical Limi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I think this thread can help me. I set the script up on my tp-link 1043dn and I seem to be able to get street passes, but the Nintendo zone doesn't work. My 3DS shows the Nintendo zone icon and it is flashing blue, I even get the pop up saying there's a Nintendo zone nearby. But when I try to run the software it tells me it couldn't connect to the Nintendo zone. What do I need to do to have this working?

This is normal. You will probably find that if you try it a few times it will finally connect. What's happening is your router is rebooting itself every time it gets a new MAC address, and when a router goes down, so does the internet connection and the nintendo zone. Sometimes you can stay connected long enough to connect to the nintendo zone, but they really don't put anything valuable in there so you're not missing anything that you can't get from nintendo video or nintendo store.

ssjbloodwar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone coming across problems like i did "/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found"
try putting your dns to 8.8.8.8

trusk

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Can anyone help me the bug the mac cycler? I'm running it on
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) std
(SVN revision 25697)

On a dlink dir-600. I have my cloned mac to the main one (4E:53:50:4F:4F:46), and that works fine, I receive street passes. Wget nzone.sh didn't work, wget just didn't do anything, so I've downloaded it on a computer then scp-ed it to router:/tmp/. Chmoded and run it, and it added a startup script. Now, i've manually set a cronjob */5 * * * * root /tmp/nzone 49,BASE256.

This is my setup, and how I said, it gets a round of streetpasses from the main mac, but in no way does it start cycling.

What should I do next?

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone help me the bug the mac cycler? I'm running it on
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) std
(SVN revision 25697)

On a dlink dir-600. I have my cloned mac to the main one (4E:53:50:4F:4F:46), and that works fine, I receive street passes. Wget nzone.sh didn't work, wget just didn't do anything, so I've downloaded it on a computer then scp-ed it to router:/tmp/. Chmoded and run it, and it added a startup script. Now, i've manually set a cronjob */5 * * * * root /tmp/nzone 49,BASE256.

This is my setup, and how I said, it gets a round of streetpasses from the main mac, but in no way does it start cycling.

What should I do next?

Try looking in this topic: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/

This topic is death.

Note that I have this as cron job: * * * * * root /tmp/nzone BASE256

Last edited by Deleted member 358315,

trusk

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks db3, but I gave up on dd-wrt, installed OpenWRT, and found an old script on github which I was able to get it to work.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried HomePass for Raspberry PI but it messes network interfaces too much and sometimes PI gets unresponsive to (network interfaces get all down).
I found my old DD-WRT router and it works brilliant!!

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#post-4736168

As per screens:
http://imgur.com/a/a07os

- set your SSID to "attwifi"
- don't put any password
- Enable mac cloning

Make sure you limit Wi-Fi access to devices you actually own (as wi-fi has no password so any unauthorised access is blocked) This is too obvious so no one mentioned it in tutorials :D

Then as per post:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-10#post-4739510
Just run command via GUI or Telnet/SSH:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP

...and that's it.
:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol