Which version do you use?

• Total voters

ShriekXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As soon as the cycler changes the MAC, my 3DS refuses to connect to the network. I noticed after having cycled a batch of MACs (15 minute interval) and 0 streetpasses. I opened up the 3DS and noticed that it said "streetpass" instead of Internet at the top left. Then I tried testing the connection, but it couldn't connect to the access point. I literally have to shut down the access point, change the password, reconfigure the access point on the 3DS and voila, its all running again..........untill I start the cycler once more :).

Any thoughts on this?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as the cycler changes the MAC, my 3DS refuses to connect to the network. I noticed after having cycled a batch of MACs (15 minute interval) and 0 streetpasses. I opened up the 3DS and noticed that it said "streetpass" instead of Internet at the top left. Then I tried testing the connection, but it couldn't connect to the access point. I literally have to shut down the access point, change the password, reconfigure the access point on the 3DS and voila, its all running again..........untill I start the cycler once more :).

Any thoughts on this?

wait about 5 minutes. if the 3ds doesn't connect, i'll look into it. for me, i had to wait a bit for the 3ds to reconnect after changing the mac.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaldron - I could make you your own Logo if you'd like. I created the "HomePass" one that you are using in your original post :)

Can you also give me the 100 MAC's you are cycling? I'll create a section the HomePass Spreadsheet for this. (i.e. put them in a txt file, and attach to post)

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaldron - I could make you your own Logo if you'd like. I created the "HomePass" one that you are using in your original post :)

Can you also give me the 100 MAC's you are cycling? I'll create a section the HomePass Spreadsheet for this. (i.e. put them in a txt file, and attach to post)

Wow, thanks a bunch Tane! Yeah, I can send you the list of MACs. Gj on the logos.

Thanks a million again!

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks a bunch Tane! Yeah, I can send you the list of MACs. Gj on the logos.

Thanks a million again!

Very welcome. Thanks for the list - I know some people who will want to use it the manual way (albeit a bit crazy without automation!)

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, windows 7. Can you confirm that, when the cycler changes the MAC and restarts and you open up your 3DS, you get the internet icon at the top left? Or does it stay in Streetpass mode?

It says Streetpass for about 2-3 minutes, then reconnects to attwifi again. This is because the hosted network is restarted after changing the MAC. I'm currently working on an XP version and a debug version. Can you try the XP version when it's out and tell me those results?

ShriekXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It says Streetpass for about 2-3 minutes, then reconnects to attwifi again. This is because the hosted network is restarted after changing the MAC. I'm currently working on an XP version and a debug version. Can you try the XP version when it's out and tell me those results?

I'lle keep an eye out for that. I'm trying to manually do the MAC change and see where it goes wrong.

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Chaldron. I saw in the other thread that you addressed an atheros problem but my atheros adapter still seems to not be working with it. I setup everything the way you said to but whether I use your program or just macshift, the virtual wifi miniport disappears from "Network Connections" and get a ! by it in device manager. My 3ds connects just fine before altering the mac so I guess it must be related to that... I attached a video of what's happening if it helps any.

Attachments

• AtherosProblem.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 354

ShriekXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update:

I got it working, it seems, atleast manually.
Basically using macshift and the codes posted here.

First steps:
use macshift to change the MAC of Wi-Fi adapter to one of the list (One that Im 100% sure hasnt been used today, 4F at the end).
use netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password
usenetsh wlan start hostednetwork
Share the LAN connection with the Wireless connection.
Emptied all connections on 3DS and searched for new access, attwifi, found it, set it up.
Exited settings, got the Nintendo-zone notice and saw the blue internet logo top-left. Closed the 3DS, got a streetpass 20-30 seconds later.

Next steps:

Stopped the hostednetwork service with stop command.
Used Macshift to change MAC of Wi-Fi to another unused MAC (4E at the end).
Started hostednetwork again with start command.
Opened the 3DS and waited for a good 5 minutes, stayed on Streetpass logo. Nothing happened. At this point, connection tests to the access point on the 3DS fail. Kept all settings unchanged (password).

Stopped the hostednetwork again with stop command.
This time also changed the MAC of the "Wireless Network Connection" to the same MAC as the "Wi-Fi" (4E at end).
Started the hostednetwork again.

Opened the 3DS again. BAM Internet connection and streetpass received.

EDIT:

I triple checked by doing the last steps: Stopped hostednetwork, changed both Wi-Fi and Wireless Network Connection to a new MAC (4D at end), restarted hostednetwork, got internet and streetpass 20 seconds later.

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

I got it working, it seems, atleast manually.
Basically using macshift and the codes posted here.

First steps:
use macshift to change the MAC of Wi-Fi adapter to one of the list (One that Im 100% sure hasnt been used today, 4F at the end).
use netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password
usenetsh wlan start hostednetwork
Share the LAN connection with the Wireless connection.
Emptied all connections on 3DS and searched for new access, attwifi, found it, set it up.
Exited settings, got the Nintendo-zone notice and saw the blue internet logo top-left. Closed the 3DS, got a streetpass 20-30 seconds later.

Next steps:

Stopped the hostednetwork service with stop command.
Used Macshift to change MAC of Wi-Fi to another unused MAC (4E at the end).
Started hostednetwork again with start command.
Opened the 3DS and waited for a good 5 minutes, stayed on Streetpass logo. Nothing happened. At this point, connection tests to the access point on the 3DS fail. Kept all settings unchanged (password).

Stopped the hostednetwork again with stop command.
This time also changed the MAC of the "Wireless Network Connection" to the same MAC as the "Wi-Fi" (4E at end).
Started the hostednetwork again.

Opened the 3DS again. BAM Internet connection and streetpass received.

This will be hard for me to put into a script because I assume the "Wireless Network Connection" is the one created with the command start hosted network? It changes for everyone, I had Local Area Connection XX. I'll see if I can put this in, but it might take me a bit. Hold out for v7, hopefully. working on something big for v6.

ShriekXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This will be hard for me to put into a script because I assume the "Wireless Network Connection" is the one created with the command start hosted network? It changes for everyone, I had Local Area Connection XX. I'll see if I can put this in, but it might take me a bit. Hold out for v7, hopefully. working on something big for v6.

Yeah, that's correct. But can't we rename it like we did with "Wi-Fi"? That way, you could code it in and tell everyone to rename it to a new name used in the code?

Not trying to be smart, just suggesting :P.

And you got me excited about the upcoming version, haha!

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's correct. But can't we rename it like we did with "Wi-Fi"? That way, you could code it in and tell everyone to rename it to a new name used in the code?

Not trying to be smart, just suggesting :P.

And you got me excited about the upcoming version, haha!

Yeah. But it might not be out for a while, big as in i mean big. And actually - that is a good idea. Except I can't work on that now, sorry. But yes, I can have it so it changes it for the hosted network as well.

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ay, this looks cool, I don't get what this is?

I assume you've setup a Windows HomePass network already and gotten a few hits? If not, check my second post.

If you have, make sure everything is up and working, and download my Cycler. It changes the MAC for you so you can get more hits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun