Homebrew Homemenuhax V2.1 - Support for FW's 10.2-10.3!

mungry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

Thank you Yellows8 for all your fantastic and hard work! :wub:

I'd just like to declare that this thread is essentially obsolete. However, there is some helpful knowledge that can be attained by studying the thread. (if you're into that sort of thing)

NOTICE: I have NO knowledge on the status of menuhax in regards to the 10.4 update. The guide below is outdated if you are on system version 10.4

I will be walking you through on the installation process of Homemenuhax for firmwares 10.2-10.3!
NOTE: DO NOT update if you are on firmwares 10.1 and below! This only applies to people on firmwares 10.2-10.3!

1. Situate yourself in front of a computer of your choice with your 3DS at hand
2. Set up your personal preference of transferring files from your PC to your 3DS SD card
3. Download the Homebrew Starter Pack here
4. Place the boot.3dsx on the root of your SD Card
5. Place the 3ds folder into your /3ds/ folder to add all of the included homebrews within the starter pack.
6. Click here to download the latest menuhax files
7. With your menuhax v2.1 zip downloaded, drag the folder menuhax_manager into your personal homebrew folder storage on your SD card (/3ds/ for default users)
8. You can now disconnect your 3DS from file transfer/put your SD card back into your 3DS
9. If your 3DS isn't on the homemenu as of this step make sure you do so now
NOTE: For getting into browserhax on N3DS 10.2-10.3 see steps 14-15
10. Press the R+L buttons on your 3DS simultaneously
11. You are now in the 3DS camera, press the button that looks like a QR code
12. You will be presented with a QR code aligner, scan this QR code (THIS IS FOR OLD 3DS ONLY, for N3DS see steps 14-15):
3dsbrowserhax_auto_qrcode.png

13. Press A to the prompt which will take you into the 3DS Browser
14. Go into your N3DS browser and add this link into your bookmarks
15. Visit the link
16. You are now in browserhax for 10.3 (10.2 is possible on a N3DS)
17. Navigate the homebrew launcher until you come across menuhax_manager v2.1
18. You are now in the menuhax_manager and ready to install menuhax
19. Click the first option to install
20. Congratulations, you now have full access to the homebrew launcher on system firmwares 10.2-10.3, which can not be blocked unless updated past said firmwares

IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS: Please go over the steps or better yet private message me, I would be glad to help when I can! :)

1. Select the third option in the menuhax_manager to configure the boot process of menuhax
2. Select Type 1 with A
3. Touch the bottom touch screen once then press the A button
4. You have now set up an autoboot menuhax, turning on the 3DS will boot directly into the homebrew launcher, press any button whilst the 3DS is turning on to boot into the home menu

1. Select the fourth option in the menuhax_manager to configure the main-screen image display that you see upon booting into menuhax during the debug
2. Select default image with A
3. You now have the default main-screen image set up

Last edited by mungry,

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to sound stupid, is there a link for a pre-built version of this menuhax. Github is just really confusing me today for some reason :S.
Edit: LOL figured it our. Long day :P

Last edited by infinete,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Just updated MenuHax 2.1 on 2 N3DS systems on 10.3, (through old IronFall i had before the update), also updated 1 2DS to 10.3 used the new browserhax and installed the new menuhax, so i don't need browserhax anymore
Now it's only a wait for the old IronFall download on the few other systems i don't have it on

still got 1 O3DS and 1 N3DS XL on 10.1 (both No ironfall, but they have both MenuHax v2.0), (snshax was fixed on 10.2+ so if that gets used for kernel access :P )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's because the memory controller is built into the CPU