Hacking Homemenuhax + Pasta CFW?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the situation I decided to use Homemenuhax but found out it does not load ninjhax 1.1b so I installed Ninjhax 2.1 but now I can't use Pasta CFW so what should I do. I tried using a Pasta CFW release that supposedly runs on Ninjhax 2.0 but the console locks up am I missing something or should I just not use Homemenuhax? I'm not a big fan of ReiNand or rxTools though it's starting to look like Reinand is my only option for boots with patches and no HBL :/.

New 3DS 9.0.0-20 U
Cubic Ninja
Gateway Card

FYI i'm super out of the loop so try not to kill me with words :P

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: Margen67

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So here's the situation I decided to use Homemenuhax but found out it does not load ninjhax 1.1b so I installed Ninjhax 2.1 but now I can't use Pasta CFW so what should I do. I tried using a Pasta CFW release that supposedly runs on Ninjhax 2.0 but the console locks up am I missing something or should I just not use Homemenuhax? I'm not a big fan of ReiNand or rxTools though it's starting to look like Reinand is my only option for boots with patches and no HBL :/.

New 3DS 9.0.0-20 U
Cubic Ninja
Gateway Card

FYI i'm super out of the loop so try not to kill me with words :P
Use this if you want. It's a hbmenu replacement with pasta built in.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure of the difference being on n3ds would make, but on my o3ds (9.2 sysnand) I've got quite a nice autobooting (via themehax and CBM) setup that will autoboot into rxtools emunand, or Cakes or Pasta if I interrupt the autoboot sequence. Also because I've edited the themehax payload to autoboot a renamed 3dsx (named auto.3dsx rather than boot.3dsx) I can still boot into ninjhax 1 via any exploit other than themehax - plus, I've also got a menuoption for ninjhax 2 on my CBM loader that loads a 3dsx named boot2.3dsx.

Here's a post I made in another thread that may shed more light on it for you:
It's really easy to edit it yourself. Just open it with HxD, ctrl+F to open the 'find' window, search 'boot' (without quotes) in text strings, it will take you to the only entry for boot.3dsx, just change 'boot' to 'auto', save. Rename your boot.3dsx to auto.3dsx - job done!

EDIT

I've attached mine anyway, in case it's of use to anyone who can't/won't edit their own. Just remember that you will need to have your usual boot.3dsx renamed to auto.3dsx for it to work.

And here's the contents of my boot.cfg (don't rename the cfg to auto.cfg, leave it as it is).
Code:
// Boot menu configuration
boot_config =
{
    // Default timeout in seconds
    // If timeout = -1, disable autoboot
    timeout = 1;

// if timeout = 0 (autoboot),
    // hold this key to enter the menu
    // keycode list : https://goo.gl/4XLDIL
    recovery = 2; // SELECT

// Default boot entry
    default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (16 max)
    entries =
    (
        {
            title  = "rxTools";
            path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
            offset = "0x12000";
        },
        {
            title  = "Cakes99";
            path = "/Cakes.dat";
            offset = "0x12000";
        },
        {
            title  = "Pasta";
            path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/PastaCFW.3dsx";
            offset = "0x12000";
        },
        {
            title  = "Homebrew (Ninjhax 2.1b)";
            path = "/boot2.3dsx";
        },
        {
            title  = "Homebrew (Ninjhax 1.1b)";
            path = "/boot.3dsx";
        }
    );
};

boot2.3dsx launches Mashers Grid version of the HBL, boot.3dsx launches vanilla HBL.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure of the difference being on n3ds would make, but on my o3ds (9.2 sysnand) I've got quite a nice autobooting (via themehax and CBM) setup that will autoboot into rxtools emunand, or Cakes or Pasta if I interrupt the autoboot sequence. Also because I've edited the themehax payload to autoboot a renamed 3dsx (named auto.3dsx rather than boot.3dsx) I can still boot into ninjhax 1 via any exploit other than themehax - plus, I've also got a menuoption for ninjhax 2 on my CBM loader that loads a 3dsx named boot2.3dsx.

Here's a post I made in another thread that may shed more light on it for you:
Ty but no thanks what @zoogie has provided is like the best thing ever, now I can just keep the red card in and boot pasta mode and if I want I can launch my Cubic Ninja CIA and load the Gateway Menu if I need to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool