Homeless Beating: Six Police Officers Suspended in Calif.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homeless-beating.jpg
Kelly Thomas was approached by Fullerton police officers responding to reports of cars being burglarized in the area on July 5. In a surveillance video taken aboard a public transportation bus, two passengers say officers had pounded the 37-year-old Thomas in the face and tased him six times.

One of the passengers is heard saying, “They beat him up, and then all the cops came and they hog tied him, and he was like, ‘Please God, please dad!’”

Thomas, who suffered severe head and neck injuries, died in a hospital five days later.[/p]
icon11.gif
http://www.christianpost.com/news/homeless...6/"]Source

Another day, another episode of life starring killer cops.

Edit: Changed the format to what was required in the template.

UPDATE (9/21/11): There has been a major update in the case. Fullerton County D.A. Tony Rackaukas has charged two of the six officers involved with Kelly Thomas's death with murder and manslaughter, respectively. More information can be learned here:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011...er-charges.html

The charges are entirely insufficient.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
F the police.
Dude, it ain't the police force themselves, it is a corrupt person(group of people). Geze, you discriminate and probably hate the police don't you.

You see, there are crooked cops out there, but not all police are the same, so how about you think about what you said there. They die for you as well, so don't go saying they are bad.
angry.gif

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
SimpyDsi said:
Suspended. For murder. And nothing will come of this. It will happen again. And again. Fuck the police.
Fuck the criminals. It seems you people only like criminals, not the police. Geze, what has the world gone to.

EDIT: And, how many criminals do you think have been released from jail for murder, or even more murders.

It is quite suprising that people only bring up news about a cop killing a man, not criminals.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And that's why they should run full psychological tests on every single person who ever becomes a cop (or any other job that allows you to carry a weapon).

If a person shows signs of being a violent asshole, they get told to GTFO and look for another job instead of being handed lots of authority and a weapon.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
Dangy said:
F the police.
Dude, it ain't the police force themselves, it is a corrupt person(group of people). Geze, you discriminate and probably hate the police don't you.

You see, there are crooked cops out there, but not all police are the same, so how about you think about what you said there. They die for you as well, so don't go saying they are bad.
angry.gif

The police are messed up all over the US. The number of good cops is outweighed by the number of cops that just don't give a shit and do what they want, since the repercussions are lessened to such a great extent for a police officer due to them having the ability to claim whatever they want with it being taken as the almighty truth. The cops where I am abuse their power like there's no tomorrow, and cops just a city over are notorious for killing black men whenever they have an excuse to draw their gun and shoot.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
SimpyDsi said:
Suspended. For murder. And nothing will come of this. It will happen again. And again. Fuck the police.
Fuck the criminals. It seems you people only like criminals, not the police. Geze, what has the world gone to.

EDIT: And, how many criminals do you think have been released from jail for murder, or even more murders.

It is quite suprising that people only bring up news about a cop killing a man, not criminals.

Could you remind me what crime he commited that justified a death sentence without trial? Thankyouverymuch.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Dangy said:
F the police.

angry.gif
The police are actually under no obligation to protect you. The Supreme Court even agrees with this; for example, they were not held responsible for enforcing a restraining order against an abusive husband, which resulted in the death of his three children:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Rock_v._Gonzales

This is also not simply a matter of a "corrupt group" of police officers. This manner of brutality is part and parcel of their entire procedure. I would ask you to do a casual search of "police brutality" in the Google news aggregator. You will quickly see that incidents like these happen much more often than you think. A similar manner of events also occurred in Pittsburgh, where a black youth was beaten for holding a Mountain Dew bottle in his jacket (they suspected it was a gun, and they did not identify themselves as police officers).
http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress1...tsburgh-police/

In my opinion, the image of the police that you hold is nothing more than a media-sponsored myth.

Edit: Who in the world moved this to "Off-topic chat"? This was a current event, and I posted it accordingly in the "User-submitted news" section. A current event regarding police brutality should not be relegated to something "Off-topic".

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
SimpyDsi said:

What's surprising about that? A criminal does... criminal things. It's expected. To here that the ones who are believed to be "protecting" others from these criminals are in fact just beating people senseless is a lot more surprising than any news on your average low life. Although both subjects are touchy, nothing about this subject is surprising especially when news on killings are brought up day by day on the web, newspapers, and the news. It's just a matter of you actually looking for it and reporting it.

Btw, what does SimpyDSi's post have anything to do with that? 6 officers are suspended after beating and killing a mentally disabled homeless man. The point of his post is that the officers are doing the opposite of their job and after seriously injuring the man (which also leads to his death) they only get suspended for the time being. That's kinda fucked up if you ask me
dry.gif

On topic, it's pretty appalling to read such things. I'll probably try to keep track of the subject and see where it leads for the officers.

QUOTE(MEGAMANTROTSKY @ Aug 3 2011, 06:48 PM)
Edit: Who in the world was this moved to "Off-topic chat"? This was a current event, and I posted it accordingly in the "User-submitted news" section. A current event regarding police brutality should not be relegated to something "Off-topic".
Agreed but we'll see what whoever has to say or do about it. Maybe because it's wrapped in the spoiler and not the usual code...?

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
Agreed but we'll see what whoever has to say or do about it. Maybe because it's wrapped in the spoiler and not the usual code...?
Well, that might be the case. But I've posted other news articles in almost the exact same way and they've never been moved before. Locked or shut down, maybe, but never moved. If that is indeed the case, I'll change it immediately.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changed the format. I think it's closer to what is required this time. Hopefully this can now be moved back to the appropriate section. If it is not moved, I want to know why immediately.

@Snailface: Thank you for finding that video. I thought that it was in the possession of the police, but clearly I was wrong.
Edit: The video I am thinking of was street surveillance footage, not the cellphone video.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
SimpyDsi said:

Can we get this idiot out of here? Stop being blind, this shit is happening every day across the country.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Can we get this idiot out of here? Stop being blind, this shit is happening every day across the country.
There's no need to expel him. If he really wishes to believe that the police play a progressive role in society, let him talk all he wants. So far though, he has provided no evidence to the contrary. In this regard he, and others of his ilk should either put up or shut up.

Edit: Still waiting for this to be moved back to "User-submitted" news.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
With all due respect, you can continue to wait for the thread to be moved back for an eternity unless the staff member who moved it responds to your request (they will soon enough I presume) with an explanation or decides that their actions should be reversed. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet since this thread was moved so calm down. I personally think that we need to split the USN into two sections (gaming and "real life") but that's another discussion, also if you were a long time member you'd know that such threads used to be posted in, but like I said be a little more patient for a response from that person.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood. I will calm down. I am sorry if I caused an unnecessary ruckus. I am impatient simply because I received absolutely no explanation as to why the thread was moved in the first place.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes I saw this on the news the other day and it total garbage....I just knew the police weren't going to be convicted of murder, which is bull crap! Police should be held responsible for their actions just like everyone else. I've had friends who have had the book thrown at them and are continually accused of things they did not do, the justice system is just itching to throw them in lockup but when it's a police officer, they pretend they saw nothing.

We need to get rid of our entire system of government and let our country really be run "by the people for the people"

Eliminate all of the unnecessary spending and the ridiculous salaries paid to political fat cats whom both do nothing and make sure nothing gets done. That alone will fix our "Nation Debt". There needs to be an uprising and it needs to happen soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat