Hacking Homebrewing your own g6dsload.eng?

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sort of following on to an earlier thread, I'm still looking for a way to replace the M3 firmware with a homebrew solution.

Is it possible to create a replacement to the g6dsload.eng file?

Is this a standard .nds file just with a different suffix? I've tried replacing it directly which of course doesn't work, so there must be something else going on with it, maybe there's some verification or something. It doesn't appear to be 'encrypted' as such, as when I run strings on it I can see references to other files in the /system directory.

My card is an M3i Zero.

Thanks!

-Atashi

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
other files?_? maybe that is a way we could load Sakura on other carts!_!
i would keep my hopes down though because there most likely an encryption that the M3 can read but other carts can't and if you try replacing it, it will most likely not work because the new file will be different and the m3 won't understand it

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
Sort of following on to an earlier thread, I'm still looking for a way to replace the M3 firmware with a homebrew solution.

Is this a standard .nds file just with a different suffix? I've tried replacing it directly which of course doesn't work, so there must be something else going on with it, maybe there's some verification or something. It doesn't appear to be 'encrypted' as such, as when I run strings on it I can see references to other files in the /system directory.

My card is an M3i Zero.

Thanks!

-Atashi

I'm sure it's possible, I don't know why replacing it directly didn't work. What did you replace it with?

And I'm fairly certain g6load.eng isn't a .nds file with a different file extension. The only NDS file involved in official M3 firmwares in the internal NDS file on the actual M3.

QUOTE(gameguy95 @ Mar 26 2010, 06:47 PM) other files?_? maybe that is a way we could load Sakura on other carts!_!
i would keep my hopes down though because there most likely an encryption that the M3 can read but other carts can't and if you try replacing it, it will most likely not work because the new file will be different and the m3 won't understand it

No. Replacing g6load would allow M3 users to use different main firmwares on the M3.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Atashi said:

My card is an M3i Zero.

Thanks!

-Atashi

I'm sure it's possible, I don't know why replacing it directly didn't work. What did you replace it with?

And I'm fairly certain g6load.eng isn't a .nds file with a different file extension. The only NDS file involved in official M3 firmwares in the internal NDS file on the actual M3.

QUOTE(gameguy95 @ Mar 26 2010, 06:47 PM) other files?_? maybe that is a way we could load Sakura on other carts!_!

No. Replacing g6load would allow M3 users to use different main firmwares on the M3.
thanks for the info. my main word in that post was MAYBE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr