Homebrew, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kniteshade, Oct 25, 2007.

Oct 25, 2007

Homebrew, yes or no? by Kniteshade at 7:31 AM (1,149 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Kniteshade
    OP

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Hey there, running DSLinker firmware 1.45/2.53 on my card at the moment and I'm looking for a good SNES emulator to put on it.

Is it possible, does such a thing exist for us NCarders? I'm only looking to play Chrono Trigger and Street Fighter Alpha 2.

2. Roanstalker

Newcomer Roanstalker Member

United Kingdom
    Does the SNEmulDS work for N-Cards? I've tried the latest one but it can't find any roms.

3. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    For me SNEmuDS works fine...
    Some games have sprite problems and games like bomberman are a bit problematic because of the screen resize but it played most of the roms I#v tried

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1152

4. Roanstalker

Newcomer Roanstalker Member

United Kingdom
    Do you have do put the roms in a specific folder? It turns up as a blank screen with the press A button at the bottom after the initial screen.

5. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
  6. Eyedunno

Member Eyedunno GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Don't expect Street Fighter Alpha 2 to EVER work in SNEmulDS. It was one of the last games to be supported even by ZSNES and SNES9x. It (and Star Ocean) use a special compression chip that I seriously doubt can be dealt with on the DS. It's POSSIBLE they could get it working with separate graphics packs, but don't hold your breath on even that being supported.

7. Huge

Newcomer Huge Newbie

United States
    have any of you guys manage to run mario kart? i tried multiple versions and it wont past the inicial screen, and mario rpg(i thought that with the 3d look it woulnt work but donkey kong 3 uses the same thing and work well)