• Views 19,446
  • Replies 31
  • Likes 29
D

Deleted User

OP
World of 3DSand

What:

World of 3DSand is a clone of the simulation game "World of Sand" for the 3DS. Right now it contains a decent amount of particle types, with possibly more to come.

Screenshots:
3xgn4xm.png

aUOgv8L.png

5WHbAxq.png
Download:
Binaries: https://github.com/Steveice10/WorldOf3DSand/releases
Source: https://github.com/Steveice10/WorldOf3DSand

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was this on the GBA? I seem to remember messing around with this on my supercard a while ago.

Now we just need pocket physics 3D :)

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome :)
Is this a port of the DS version or a fresh start?
I was wondering how much work it is to port from ds :\

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehrmagerd. NEAT! This was one of my most favoritest things. I tried playing it on my phone, once, but... no, capacitive screen, screw you. NO, I will not use my finger, no, I will not use your little scratchy-metal-ball pen. Christ...

D

Deleted User

OP
Awesome :)
Is this a port of the DS version or a fresh start?
I was wondering how much work it is to port from ds :\

It's a fresh start. Helps me to learn the basics of both C++ (I usually code Java things) and 3DS homebrew. Plus, its more fun that way, to me anyway.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This fun to screw around with, but when I make a spot full of sand and cut off more from going in, the sand doesn't settle. Minor gripe, besides that maybe some text above the colours to tell what is sand stream shutoffs and what is pencil colours. Was confusing for about a minute, lol.

D

Deleted User

OP
Adding nitro or c4? Some kind of Clock would be nice too because I use to play this for hours. o_o

I'll make sure to try adding some form of explosive to the next version.

Can you please make a build for GW (CIA and 3DS)?
Good idea, will do for the next version.
This fun to screw around with, but when I make a spot full of sand and cut off more from going in, the sand doesn't settle. Minor gripe, besides that maybe some text above the colours to tell what is sand stream shutoffs and what is pencil colours. Was confusing for about a minute, lol.
Could you maybe provide a screenshot (press Select) so I can better understand the issue? As for the GUI, there is a line on the top screen telling the selected type. I would like to have a better GUI on the touch screen, but I have limited space and want to maximize the room for particles.
The next version will likely be sometime soon. Right now I just got home and I want to experiment with some other homebrew ideas, so it could be a while.

Reactions: VinsCool
D

Deleted User

OP
Added 3ds and cia files to the zip download. The banner is a bit ugly (Quickly threw it together in GIMP), but whatever. :P

Reactions: filfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...