Homebrew won't load through BootMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by veganjustice, Jan 30, 2010.

Jan 30, 2010
  1. veganjustice
    OP

Newcomer veganjustice Advanced Member

United States
    Okay, I tried searching, and went through pages and couldn't find what is happening. I apologize if it was a simple find. I even used google and site:gbatemp.net. Nothing...

Anyways, here is what I have. I flipped the Wii on today, and I had my BootMii prepared SD card inside the Wii, not my normal one that has all my hbc apps, etc.

So I decided to just launch HBC from the BootMii menu, instead of launching it from the installed channel. First time I have done this since I installed BootMii at v0.2 I think. It crashes and freezes on an extremely screwed up screen, partially of the Homebrew Channel screen, and half something else. Needless to say, it froze the Wii. Shut down, restarted, BootMii menu, loaded up the Wii menu, Homebrew channel loads fine that way. But fails every time through BootMii.

Now, I know that if I brick, I don't need HBC, as I just restore from the NAND back up off the SD. But, does anyone know why it won't load from BootMii?

Thanks for any information

2. DGenerateKane

Member DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have you updated HBC? The ID was changed which I assume is what Bootmii is looking for and can't find so it crashes.

3. veganjustice
    OP

United States
    Doesn't HBC update when it is loaded? So wouldn't it update when I load the channel?

4. DGenerateKane

Member DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

United States
    But bootmii has not been updated, so it is still trying to find the old ID.

5. veganjustice
    OP

United States
    So how can I go about updating it if it won't load.
    Run the HackMii installer and uninstall / reinstall HBC?

6. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    you said HBC works fine, so you should just update Bootmii with the Hackmii Installer.

7. veganjustice
    OP

United States
    Not sure what happened, but I just popped on the Wii and it was working fine. I loaded both with the SD card in and tried HBC from that BootMii menu, worked fine, and as well as accessing it through HBC, launch BootMii, chose HBC from that and it worked fine.

Either way, seems fine, thanks for the help.