Homebrew Homebrew with the latest Firmware (11.1.0-34U). Is it currently possible?

TheCapedWanderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at home brewing my New 3ds XL. I put the Homebrew started kit files onto my MicroSD (through the wireless management option), however i've run into a snag. Most people seem to be using Cubic Ninja's for accomplishing Home Brew, but there isn't a local game shop that has a copy (even Game Stop). And the closest one that does have a copy, is a unreasonable amount of distance away (out of town in fact). I have heard that other games can be used in place of Cubic Ninja's, but do any of them work at the moment with the listed Firmware? I haven't found anyone yet saying if they do (more information and people saying that they don't work as of right now).

Is this true?

Current games that I have that also have worked with homebrew in the past are as follows:
Both Pokemon Gen 3 Remakes (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Super Smash Bros.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Do any of these titles currently work on the the recent firmware (11.1.0-34U) when trying to use homebrew?

Thanks!

TheCapedWanderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, all of your games still work as entrypoints.

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Edit: Ninja'd

Thank you to you both! I was having trouble finding a straight answer with how many places out there say yes and no.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually looks like only one of the listed games I have will work. As the system I have has not been "exploited" yet.

It says that Super Smash Bros 3DS will be the only one from my collection that will work. However the Github page says the hack is unstable. What are possible results that the unstableness can bring?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to you both! I was having trouble finding a straight answer with how many places out there say yes and no.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually looks like only one of the listed games I have will work. As the system I have has not been "exploited" yet.

It says that Super Smash Bros 3DS will be the only one from my collection that will work. However the Github page says the hack is unstable. What are possible results that the unstableness can bring?
If you have a Powersaves device, you can set up oot3dhax.

TheCapedWanderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap....
So I am really confused about how you use the Smashhacks (See here: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_smashbroshax)

I am on step 3, but their instructions aren't adding up.

"Determine which pcap in the "pcap_out" directory to use, see the "Usage" section."

There is no "pcap_out directory" that is provided with the downloaded release archive. So what am I supposed to do?

TheCapedWanderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so after looking more I find out I have to get a copy of Linux to get the Smashhax to work. I am running Win10, so this is going to be a long process.
At least it will be free.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so after looking more I find out I have to get a copy of Linux to get the Smashhax to work. I am running Win10, so this is going to be a long process.
At least it will be free.
That and you could use it to install an entrypoint into one of your secondary exploit games. That way the whole smashhax thing is one time only.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what you meant there.
Install smashhax, then install secondary exploit, for example, steelhax (Steel Diver: Sub Wars). if you have a NNID. Note: You can't use the Homebrew oot3dhax installer on 11.0+, as the installer has not been updated to work on 11.0+ systems.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you have ORAS, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. All three of which are secondary exploit games. You could get into the homebrew menu with smashhax, and then install Supermysterychunkhax/basehax. And then rather than use smashhax every time, just use the secondary exploit game you set up.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you have ORAS, Ocarina of Time, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. All four of which are secondary exploit games. You could get into the homebrew menu with smashhax, and then install Oothax/Supermysterychunkhax/basehax. And then rather than use smashhax every time, just use the secondary exploit game you set up.
Read what I said above about oot3dhax.

TheCapedWanderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install smashhax, then install secondary exploit, for example, steelhax (Steel Diver: Sub Wars). if you have a NNID. Note: You can't use the Homebrew oot3dhax installer on 11.0+, as the installer has not been updated to work on 11.0+ systems.

Well you have ORAS, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. All three of which are secondary exploit games. You could get into the homebrew menu with smashhax, and then install Supermysterychunkhax/basehax. And then rather than use smashhax every time, just use the secondary exploit game you set up.

Ah okay. Got it. Just gotta find something that I can use to get the Wifi signal setup. Any suggestions? Something with a GUI would be preferred.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at home brewing my New 3ds XL. I put the Homebrew started kit files onto my MicroSD (through the wireless management option), however i've run into a snag. Most people seem to be using Cubic Ninja's for accomplishing Home Brew, but there isn't a local game shop that has a copy (even Game Stop). And the closest one that does have a copy, is a unreasonable amount of distance away (out of town in fact). I have heard that other games can be used in place of Cubic Ninja's, but do any of them work at the moment with the listed Firmware? I haven't found anyone yet saying if they do (more information and people saying that they don't work as of right now).

Is this true?

Current games that I have that also have worked with homebrew in the past are as follows:
Both Pokemon Gen 3 Remakes (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Super Smash Bros.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Do any of these titles currently work on the the recent firmware (11.1.0-34U) when trying to use homebrew?

Thanks!
all of those work, cubic ninja is common on ebay, and if your in the states, they have it in gamestops. Freakyhax is also another one that is primary

mehmeh11

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
BTW, if I use basehax, can I pop OR/AS out and pop in another game while I'm on the HBL (for things like svdt or JK)?

chompita239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Holy crap....
So I am really confused about how you use the Smashhacks (See here: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_smashbroshax)

I am on step 3, but their instructions aren't adding up.

"Determine which pcap in the "pcap_out" directory to use, see the "Usage" section."

There is no "pcap_out directory" that is provided with the downloaded release archive. So what am I supposed to do?

Look here, https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/page-25

Dude1452 explained something that may help you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: