Homebrew Homebrew, WiiWare/VC with NTFS partition on USB HD?

TURGUT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I have read trough loads of forum threads and FAQ's but still not found any official answer and explanation weather Homebrew apps, WiiWare/VC works with NTFS partitions on external USB HDD?

Could someone with good knowledge on the topic give me a definitive answer and try to explain why if its not possible to use NTFS.

If the case is that NTFS can't be used what would be a good FAT32 partition size to cover all needs for Homebrew apps, WiiWare/VC? And finally should the FAT32 partition be placed in front of NTFS partition?

Thanks in advance.

TURGUT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Doesn't anyone have anything to reply on this topic?! Thought this was the best forum to get this kind of answers from?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First, as far as I got it, the NTFS-Library is still not as stable as the currently used FAT32 one (stable enough, but still). That might be a reason why it's not used by the HBC/most Homebrew. Also, it requires a bit of work to make the App compatible with NTFS, and I'm not shure if every developer wants to do this. There might be even more reasons why it's not used that much, but these came in my mind.

For VC/WiiWare, you're probably talking about Triiforce, uLoader, Sneek, etc., right? Well, they're all emulating the NAND, and I guess again it's too much work/not possible to make the NAND-Emu use NTFS. But I'm not shure here. It just seems that FAT32 is the way to go for NAND-Emulation.

The next question is a stupid one, how should I know if you pirate VC/WiiWare like stupid (bad boy, btw.)/want to play many old Games from Emulators, etc.? Do the math for yourself, one WiiWare/VC-Game is around 45 MB, ROMs are different, from a few MB to around 500 MB (if you use PSX). Anyways, I would make the first partition FAT32 (preferably with a 32kb Cluster), and the second one NTFS. Works great for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.