Homebrew - Watch DPG with both screens...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by electricsashimi, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007
  1. electricsashimi
    OP

Member electricsashimi GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Discussion for the possibility of the creation of this homebrew. Moonshell can play DPG files, but only on one screen, would it be possible to create something like that, but have video play on both screens?

Some of the games I played featured an intro video using both screens.... it would be cool, if we could convert a video (avi, mpeg watever...) into a dpg file played by both screens, having the option of removing the screen space between the screens... like the option in comicbookds

2. roadbusta

Member roadbusta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    That would be kind of weird. If someone was in the middle of the screen, they would be split in half, and seem fatter/taller.

I think you would have to convert the video file into something other than .dpg, as .dpg are only suited to one resolution, the resolution of one DS screen

3. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    Not going to happen. The DS's processor can only do so much, and DPGs push it to the limit already.

4. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
  5. nicholas9576

Newcomer nicholas9576 Member

United States
    considering that the games that have intro videos with two screens are not dpg but another video format so i dont think that you could get that going without majorly slowing down the CPU in the ds or overloading it