Homebrew Torrent - lots o' stuffs

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jayenkai, Jun 11, 2008.

Jun 11, 2008
  1. Jayenkai
    OP

Member Jayenkai GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Did it help GBATemp that I spent most of yesterday downloading all the games from the file archive?
    Probably not...
    But to save everyone else having to do the same, and having to do that "Click here, Now click there" thing in order to download each individual file*, I bundled them up into a torrent.. (Arrr!)

*link removed*
    There's also a pile I grabbed from PDRoms, too, although I did those first, and didn't bother to check for duplicates, so it'll probably have quite a fair few copies as you move through the list.

Still, no matter, I know we're all too lazy to do the Click, Click thing, and it's about time a batch was easily grabbable, right?!

So there it is. Grab away!

Now, next up, I'm starting my own little Homebrew site. This is mostly due to my ranting about other sites, a few days ago, but also because I want people to remember games OTHER than those "Out today!"
    I'm trying to make my own site a little more nostalgic.
    So far, it's about 5 posts and 2 members in, and not much is added.
    But as time passes, I'll be going through my big homebrew archive, plucking out the good stuff, and popping it onto the server, with a nice little nutshell review.. How to play it, what makes it good, etc..
    I'm hoping that, as I post them, people will get to enjoy the older homebrew games, maybe as a reminder, but more likely for the first time.
    There's so much homebrew out there, that it's a shame to completely forget the older stuff, just because it isn't being updated anymore.
    It's a bit like walking into a shop, spotting Polarium, but having never played Polarium.. You say to yourself "But that's really old!" and you instead go for Lego Indy because it's newer..
    Same thing.
    Polarium's still a cracking game, and so's some of the old homebrew.
    So, grab the torrent, enjoy the games, and then if you'd like to continue on your adventure of Ye-Olde-Brew, you can hop over to my site, and wait for me to get cracking on it [​IMG]
    DSBrew (And I hope the GBATemp folk don't mind this half-assed attempt at spam!)

Thanks all, enjoy the brew!

* Not that there's anything wrong with that. I understand A) that GBATemp is trying to prevent "Teh Leechers" from grabbing all-and-everything all at once, god know's that'll kill bandwidth.. and B) that it's probably quite hard to make a list of "Just the downloads!", because I'm having trouble getting one of those to work myself!!

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    this is a great project idea. let me know if you need any help locating any files. i just joined so i'll be sure to check on the progress!

-another world

3. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Isn't against the forum rules linking to torrent sites?

4. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    [bad post, please dump to trash]

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    He's also linking to his own site (avertising), isn't he?

6. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden

7. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    What is WAD by the way?

8. Chaaru

Newcomer Chaaru Advanced Member

United States

That's a good idea. There is tons of good old homebrew that are still fun to play even-though they aren't being updated. And there really isn't a site that does stuff like this, so I look forward to see what happens.

I just hope it'll be organized, cause dcemu does a terrible job of organizing it's homebrew. (no screenshots, crappy description that doesn't tell what it is or does, etc.) PDRoms (their archive sections) is good, but they don't have enough of the older homebrew, like ports n' stuff. Here at GBAtemp, it's good, way better than dcemu, and a little better than PDRoms in organizing homebrew for download.

9. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I went ahead and uploaded the torrent in a zip file to the GBAtemp download center:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3561

I'll be seeding this torrent at 50KBps until I hit a 100 ratio [​IMG]

After wards I'll slow it down to 10KBps or so and seed for a while longer.

10. nin10do

Member nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Taiwan
    homebrew SMOR torrent links yay lol.

11. updowners

Member updowners lurklurklurk

Australia
    They're data files for doom.

12. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    wut?

Wads are the files you install on the wii to get channels (i.e. VC and Wiiware titles)

13. Foppzter

Member Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    You are both right. Doom used WAD files ages ago.
    WAD in this case is however Wii VC/Wiiware titles, and they are totally different from Doom wads.

14. starfox468

Member starfox468 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Rapidshare, Megaupload, Filefactory pl0x