Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know how to?

I read on iso site:

"there is a soft to make movies in a format thet u can watch them on the 3ds camera software.
3ds video converter."

Is this the only/best way?

I wish to convert some 3d movies, and some anime episodes to watch on my 3ds.
And yeah most people will find it poorly, but I just like the tiny cozy screen with my anime ^^

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ATM, yes, is the best way by far, but not the only. There are a few of homebrews to play video files from any way (like Sunshell), but can be somewhat wasteful to use, if you will!

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2D is fine for me!
I have some complaints about using the camera mode for using video playing.

1. You see the duration of the video constantly.
2. seprate avi files of 10 minutes.
3. The lower screen draws too much attention when watching, light and icons and all. anyway to turn it off or something? or make it use both screens to watch video?

EDIT:
Also can't seem to find a way to convert avi/mkv/mp4 to JPGV the sunshell uses..

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
2D is fine for me!
I have some complaints about using the camera mode for using video playing.

1. You see the duration of the video constantly.
2. seprate avi files of 10 minutes.
3. The lower screen draws too much attention when watching, light and icons and all. anyway to turn it off or something? or make it use both screens to watch video?

EDIT:
Also can't seem to find a way to convert avi/mkv/mp4 to JPGV the sunshell uses..
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-3ds/tree/master/JPGV

MOBSTER_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freemake video works. If you convert it to apple iphone/ipad .mp4 and run it straight from the browser. I've done it to stream movies on my 3DS from a remote server to watch movies wherever i go.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'd only watch movies on the 3DS Camera App if you have a huge sd card as converting videos to work on the 3DS makes the file size huge due to the weird encoding 3DS Camera videos use. (eg a 90mb mp4 file will become a 1gb avi file)

MOBSTER_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to copy it to the sd card. Just download wamp and connect your 3ds browser to the webpage and watch them from your pc. You can also make it remote.

MOBSTER_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tested it awhile ago before i bought a new 3ds so it should still work unless nintendo changed something. It works fine right now on new 3ds. I don't see why it wouldn't work on old.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i tested it awhile ago before i bought a new 3ds so it should still work unless nintendo changed something. It works fine right now on new 3ds. I don't see why it wouldn't work on old.
Problem with O3DS is it have a different webkit as N3DS. I've heard that Youtube app would play custom videos on both 3DS, but I don't know how and if it would be possible!

Last edited by fmkid,

Jim_e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys could just use Plex. Nintendo's browser supports it and you can play any video including 3D. you just have to switch 480p before playing.

MOBSTER_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the New 3DS's browser supports video playback, for anyone who is curious.
Converting a short video now to see if this is true.
EDIT: As for now it does not playback video for O3DS with wamp. I'm sure with some creative ways i can make it run.

Tarexmd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys could just use Plex. Nintendo's browser supports it and you can play any video including 3D. you just have to switch 480p before playing.
Wait.. Plex works??? Would it be able to play them from my SD card, or just remotely from my PC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-