Homebrew Homebrew to delete "Play History"

User423

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I´m searching for a Homebrew that delete the "Play History" on the "Message Board". (and/or the complete "MessageBoard")
Is there something like that? When no, its possible to make a homebrew that makes that?

Greets, boy2048
smile.gif

manneke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's possible to make homebrew that does that.
The problem is that it's very dangerous because the message board 'posts' are stored in the memory of the wii, so if you delete something, your wii may be (semi-)bricked.
If you really want this, ask it on the wiibrew forum, and if you know where it's stored, i will create a program for you (and for other people of course) to delete the posts.
Please contact me @ lesderid(at)hotmail(dot)com if you know something more about it.

-manneke

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a huge play history that spans all the way back to November 22 2006, the day I bought my Wii. My question is does the play history really take up all that much space? My niece and nephews have saved a million pictures from Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy to it. How many blocks does it take up? And isn't it supposed to recycle the older history when it runs out of space instead of growing to an infinite size? Also does deleting the play history even free up blocks that are available to the user?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
CreX said:
Ye and mine is bugged. Says Homebrew Channel like 4400 days played
If your using a homebrew like playstats to display your history then you might get weird results. I think its more a flaw of playstats then a bug in history. According to playstats my Wii has been played for over 126 years with an average play time of 526 days per session.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the "playstat" file is always the same size. having more logs doesnt make it take up any more space. and the wii will not be bricked if you delete it completely. when the system menu starts, if will create this file if missing.

you can do it in sneek and see. it takes a while for the system menu to make this file in sneek, but eventually it will start up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1