Homebrew Question Homebrew to delete game icons quickly?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way I know of to delete game icons is to delete the game, not archive it. archiving is for quick access. a cloud will appear above the game allowing you to download the game back directly from the eshop. that was/is its purpose.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way I know of to delete game icons is to delete the game, not archive it. archiving is for quick access. a cloud will appear above the game allowing you to download the game back directly from the eshop. that was/is its purpose.
Yes but it leaves behind the icons lol and deleting hundreds of icons one at a time is tedious. Sometimes games get pushed so far down and get mixed with the archived games that its difficult to tell what I have installed at a glance

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be difficult. that's appmeta. the ps3, ps4, and vita use it too. deleting the icons will likely still cause a used space. if you delete an icon on the wii u, it's replaced with a question mark tile, and the game is unbootable. you'd need something that can interface with the indexer. afaik, nothing like that exists for the ps3, ps4, vita, or wii u, so it's unlikely it exists for the switch. I'm just guessing however, since I don't own an exploited system. if enough were known, installing probably wouldn't be necessary.

Reactions: VincentBeasley

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it leaves behind the icons lol and deleting hundreds of icons one at a time is tedious. Sometimes games get pushed so far down and get mixed with the archived games that its difficult to tell what I have installed at a glance
Don't archive games. Just delete them. Deleting gets rid of the icons. Archiving keeps the icons.

You can go through your Nintendo folder and try to figure out what each title is by the numbers, and delete them that way.

But thats probably even slower than just going through the menu and deleting them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if by number you mean content id, you can find the content id in hex, because the ticket is named after it. (tik)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

all games end with 000 and updates end with 800. don't really understand the dlc numbering process.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if by number you mean content id, you can find the content id in hex, because the ticket is named after it. (tik)
Yes, but you'll still need to go through all of them to find out what game is which.

You can spend less time by just going through them, press +, and then go to delete software.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be any faster to back up your saves, then format, reinstall what you want then? don't have an exploited system, so I don't know which would take longer.

Reactions: Mythical

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes I'm completely aware of that lol but deleting everything one at a time is time-consuming considering I have over a hundred of them
Then start right away if you want to be done before dinner. From now on, consider keeping the system menu clean by only deleting games.
Considering you can always re-download them from the eShop (or any NSPs website if they are copies), there's absolutely no point on just archiving them.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
backup and then do a wipe, only install what you'll actually play faster than someone creating a homebrew or you deleting them manually most likely

Reactions: Hayato213

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol that's the whole point of this thread. Deleting them isn't the problem... deleting over a hundred of them is lol but It seems there's no solution other than good ol' fashion manual labor xD
You must love the retro to have over 100 games.

Ive got a 1tb sd and i dont have anywhere near that many.

Think your getting arsey because you thoughr archive means you can bring it back, but in the mean time realise the tiles are left and you dont like it

Tiles are left so its a shortcut to re download from eshop.

Maybe learn how the console works.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must love the retro to have over 100 games.

Ive got a 1tb sd and i dont have anywhere near that many.

Think your getting arsey because you thoughr archive means you can bring it back, but in the mean time realise the tiles are left and you dont like it

Tiles are left so its a shortcut to re download from eshop.

Maybe learn how the console works.
Lol I understand how the console works. Simply asked if there was a homebrew solution to deleting icons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16