1. Jhud

OP Jhud Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hello!
    I have a question. I have not hacked my Nintendo Switch yet (I usually resort to hacking consoles at the end of their lifespan for the least amount of risk), however I have an annoying problem.
    Anybody who has been keeping up to date with Animal Crossing New Horizons news probably knows the whole no cloud save & no system save transfer thing fiasco. Nintendo supposedly wants to release something to alleviate that but nobody knows when it will happen and I am in a stupid predicament. While I got the game on the release date, my AC Switch that I wanted to transfer my data to (and then sell the old one) has been delayed for quite a bit. I've already started the game and having to get rid of everything when I do the transfer will suck.
    My question is, has anybody tried using some save data loaders with New Horizons, and if so, does it work or not? If it does it would probably be the sole reason for me to hack my Switch.
    I know Nintendo says that the save data is tied to the hardware, but I wonder if it's true or just scaremongering.
    Thanks, and I'm sorry if the question has been answered - I did do a search but did not find anything.

2. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's totally possible but both switches have to be moddable. This is a tutorial to transfer from emmc to sysnand so doing sysnand to sysnand should be possible I don't see how or why it would be tied to the hardware....as it stands there is no way to transfer the safe so there is no reason for them to put in such complex protections. How would someone even transfer I save to a different console on stock systems anyways?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxi...u_can_use_jksv_to_easily_transfer_your_animal

Last edited by iriez, Mar 24, 2020
    Jhud likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Homebrew, savegame, Crossing