OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright, first off, this is a serious topic folks so please only make posts here that are directly related to the project. With that said, this project is aimed to make a DS Homebrew application for the Nintendo DS to allow people to update the cheat files on this flashcard straight from their DS. This will be an official GBATemp project for the Official GBATemp Cheat Database.

Now while my development skills on limited for the Nintendo DS, I am looking for skilled and dedicated volunteers willing to help me out with this small project. I seek skilled programmers who have some experience at making Homebrew for the Nintendo DS or willing to learn how to develop for the system.

Now this project will be a fairly small one, it will simply load up, displaying an initialization screen checking to see if the application has access to the flashcards disc as well as to check if theres an active WiFi connection available, if not, display an error, if so go to the main screen. Now at this screen, the home brew application will load the latest change log fro the cheats.gbatemp.net page to inform the user about the latest update and what was updated. Also at this screen, it will ask the user if they want to download the latest update. If the user selects yes, then the home brew application will download the latest zip file, showing in some form, a percentage of how much of the file is downloaded. Once downloaded, it will proceed to unzip the file an extract it to the flashcard (This part should be fairly easy due to DSCompress source code is available).

Now a To Do List for the Project.
Must Have/Do:
Retrieve and Display the latest Changelog
Download the Latest File
Unzip the File to the flashcard
A configuration file specifying what cheat file to use and the path to here the cheat file is stored.

Optional Features:
Pause/Resuming of Downloads
Skin Support
BackUp Support
Auto-Detect the cheat file/directory for the Flashcard

Project is on hold at the moment though please, toss your thoughts around on this. I would like to hear from you on suggestions/features, ect.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SolidusRegime said:
Narin. Giovannin is planning to release his new version of UsrCheatUp soon. Why post this?

Also, EvoCheatUp is just a modified version of UsrCheatUp that works on the CycloDS.
Why not?
Last I checked UsrCheatUp downloaded from a googlepage site instead of cheats.gbatemp.net
So you'd have to wait for that to be updated

I'd be interested in helping, but I have no DS coding expereince, been trying to learn but too lazy

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SolidusRegime said:
Narin. Giovannin is planning to release his new version of UsrCheatUp soon. Why post this?

Also, EvoCheatUp is just a modified version of UsrCheatUp that works on the CycloDS.

I know, this was more of a possible future project for the GBATemp community. Though yes, I know about Giovannin's UsrCheatUp as I'm helping with it but I planned on having something similar in the near future as an GBATemp official updater. I plan to add support for the Supercard DS One soon and thy have a unique cheat system which requires a cheat file to be made for each game that I would like to implement as well as other features. I do not know how far Giovannin will take his project or how much he will be willing to implement all these additional features I am planning so until then, I wanted to start brain storming about this project.

SolidusRegime

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Diablo1123 said:
SolidusRegime said:

Why not?
Last I checked UsrCheatUp downloaded from a googlepage site instead of cheats.gbatemp.net
So you'd have to wait for that to be updated

I'd be interested in helping, but I have no DS coding expereince, been trying to learn but too lazy

The thing you have to understand is that Narin was actually testing the latest release in which it downloaded from the official GBATemp database.

SolidusRegime

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Narin said:
SolidusRegime said:

I know, this was more of a possible future project for the GBATemp community. Though yes, I know about Giovannin's UsrCheatUp as I'm helping with it but I planned on having something similar in the near future as an GBATemp official updater. I plan to add support for the Supercard DS One soon and thy have a unique cheat system which requires a cheat file to be made for each game that I would like to implement as well as other features. I do not know how far Giovannin will take his project or how much he will be willing to implement all these additional features I am planning so until then, I wanted to start brain storming about this project.

I spoke to him yesterday and he said that he will end up making the project opensource when the new release comes out.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Narin said:
SolidusRegime said:

Scds1 cheat support?
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.