Hacking Homebrew Problem

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I'm not sure what's causing this but some of my homebrew files won't load. all homebrew loads except for some emulators (genesis, sega master system, turbo grafix) and ftpii. whenever I try to load the boot.dol of any of these homebrew apps, I get a black screen and the disc drive light keeps flashing. I've tried a forwarder channel and going through the homebrew channel...I've also tried different versions of the programs and the same thing always happens. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling ios 249 as well as different version of the cios installer. please help!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 3.2 then moved up to 4.1. I was using rev 14 of cios 249, then 17, and finally 19. nothing affected the problem.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
I had 3.2 then moved up to 4.1. I was using rev 14 of cios 249, then 17, and finally 19. nothing affected the problem.
He's not asking what cIOS rev you have, he's asking your IOS36 rev. To find ou, try to run Dop-Mii and select "Scan wii internals".

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the best way to do that? do I need to uninstall ios 36 and then reinstall it or does reinstalling it override the already installed version?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap! it looks like getting a fresh ios 36 got gen plus works, but sms plus, ftpii, and hugo-gx don't. all other homebrew works. it's just those three that don't. whenever I try to load one of them, it goes to a black screen and the disc slot light keeps flashing. sms plus says now loading at first but goes to the black screen shortly thereafter. the other two go to a black screen immediately. do these three homebrew apps use anything other than ios 249?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...