ROM Hack HomeBrew on SClite

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I am trying to download homebrewed games, some work, some just have a white screen, I have the latest stuff frimware. I always put put .nds. Its really annoying because there is so many good looking games that I cant play.

Also do I have to put the games striaght into my card or do I have to go through Frimware?

EDIT: Wolf3d is a good example of a game that dosent work...

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK Im a nood, I have moonshell in my DS, I use it took look at pis and listen to music, do I just do the same thing with the games?

richardv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wolf 3d should work fine with no patching.
did you get the latest version?
http://lazyone.drunkencoders.com/wordpress/?cat=2
It works on my sclite/512 sandisk/dslite.

Moonshell patcher only works for certain homebrew needing read/write access that were built with certain fatlibs.
Many games are not patchable using it. In general use the .ds.gba file for games and rename them .nds

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
According to the folowing topic, ScummVM should work normal with direct saves too:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35872&st=15#

And DS Linux seems to run the +32MB ram version quite perfect too.

Only leaves dsHeretic as far as I know, which I heard could save with QPC, but other peeps said it couldn't save in the same thread...

afaik homebrew seems 100% supported by scl ... anyone got anything that doesn't work or has suggestions for homebrew to test (or find more info about)?

edit: Ohh how about Wolf3D?
Future adds: "- Saving/Loading (though not on flashcarts at first, I still have to think about that)"
At first QPC I guess?

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
=I've just recieved My SC Lite and try a couple of Homebrew (Moonshell 1.4, ScummvM, Picodrive, DS Doom). Moonshell don't work for the "STable version" as it haven't the SC support but the beta 5 (last i've got)à works very well after patching. Scumm, DS Doom and Picodrive works (read and write) after patching. All patching have been done withe the patcher "moonshell for Supercard Micro Sd" that you can find in the archive of SC 2.55c MicroSD.
i hope that the Fatlib will be updated and that Moonshell 1.4 or next release will support again Supercard.

ooheadsoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a problem with DSOrganize and the sclite where after you label a day in the calendar, it turns into gibberish and if you try to edit it after the fact, it crashes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night