Homebrew on R4 still a problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Spudnik123, May 6, 2007.

1. Spudnik123
    OP

Spudnik123 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2007
    United States
    Hey guys, I want to mod my DS soley for homebrew. I have been looking in to all my options and I like the reliability and cheapness of the R4. Anyways some people say that homebrew on Slot 1 devices is a terrible problem and others say it works fine. I am wondering as of right now what is the state of homebrew on these devices? Would I be better off going with a slot 2 solution? Is the future of DS homebrew going to Slot 1 devices so would it be better to get one?

2. CatScam

CatScam ScamaRama!

Apr 29, 2006
    United States
    The only reason a card such as the R4 may have less choice is because it’s a new card.
    So the few old programs made for the Supercard or M3 don’t have a R4 version. But all
    programs today are DLDI compatible, & remember the R4 is out selling every card out
    there 5 to one. So anything that is still being supported will have a DLDI or R4 version.

3. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    The SC-ONE has excellent homebrew capabilities. Only one hasnt worked for me(DSLinux). I dont have the latest build though

4. Hit

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    lil problem is on Slot-1 Devices they dont have internal RAM
    So apps like Mac OS 7/8 Emulator wont work they need it
    But i think they can fix the problem to store it i the DS's Internal Ram

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice