Homebrew on No$GBA.2.6a

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by playallday, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008

Homebrew on No$GBA.2.6a by playallday at 5:45 PM (4,088 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. playallday
    OP

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I want to play homebrew games [and apps] on No$GBA.2.6a but I need fat support. What DLDI file do I patch it with?

THANKS!

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Well, I don't believe No$GBA or any emulator for that matter supports homebrew 100%, especially those that require access to the file system.

3. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you just want to play some libfat homebrew on no$gba, and are not the developer, you have to use FCSR. but it's pretty complicated, it's not just using a dldi patch. search around, i think there might be some tools or tutorials to make ti easier

4. playallday
    OP

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Thats bad news but thanks for telling me.

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    iDeas supports Dldi...

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    To expand, iDeaS has support for the R4 DLDI file. Patch your homebrew with the R4 DLDI file, change the appropriate settings in iDeaS, and launch the file.

With no$GBA you must use FCSR, which is greatly aided by the use of DLDIrc to quickly create FCSR images. However, the packaging tool used in the FCSR creation process is buggy and often fails when inserting files into the virtual filesystem. If you search the GBAdev forums you'll find a post by Dwedit with an updated program you can use in place of bfi.exe to make it stop failing all the time.

7. Smoker1
    This message by Smoker1 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jul 5, 2016, Reason: Necrobump/response to necrobump - Please make a new topic instead.
    Jul 5, 2016
  8. CeeDee
    This message by CeeDee has been removed from public view by Minox, Jul 5, 2016, Reason: Necrobump/response to necrobump - Please make a new topic instead.
    Jul 5, 2016
  9. Smoker1
    This message by Smoker1 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jul 5, 2016, Reason: Necrobump/response to necrobump - Please make a new topic instead.
    Jul 5, 2016
  10. CeeDee
    This message by CeeDee has been removed from public view by Minox, Jul 5, 2016, Reason: Necrobump/response to necrobump - Please make a new topic instead.
    Jul 5, 2016