Homebrew on G6 finally

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jpx86, Dec 3, 2006.

Dec 3, 2006

Homebrew on G6 finally by jpx86 at 1:57 AM (1,271 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. jpx86
    OP

Newcomer jpx86 Advanced Member

2. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    How do you use it :S

3. gust0208

Newcomer gust0208 Member

This is great news!

For getting these onto our G6's, do we just open the cart in a file viewer and copy the files over to place these in the root directory? Do we still put the nds files through via the Game Manager, or can we just add those at the same time? I was reading the ScummVM DS page, and I assume we use the "Zip method" for games on the G6?

Can't wait to try these out!

Cheers,
    Tom

4. WishCow

Newcomer WishCow Advanced Member

Hungary
    Afaik, a library is used when you write the program, so you can't do anything with it, the developer has to compile the source with the library, and release that.

5. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    For ScummVM DS download this file. Transfer the three .nds files to your G6 using the U-Disk Manager's "Directly Copy" option. Copy the three .ini files to the root of your G6. Then create a folder called ScummVM on your G6 and copy your unzipped Scumm-games into it. Works for me [​IMG]

6. gust0208

Newcomer gust0208 Member

Thank you very much for that great walk-through! I am digging out my old discs now to give this a try.

Cheers,
    Tom

7. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    Hello, I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but.... Does anyone know how to get the G6 version of DoomDS running, I am still getting that same error, survived graphics initialization. Thanks in advanced!