Question homebrew(nro) to nsp Converter?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by yeniel, Aug 31, 2018.

1. yeniel
    OP

yeniel Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    United States
    There is a tool called NSPBuilder with which you can convert a nro file to nsp, I have tried several times to create one but when I install it I get an error when opening it in the main screen. Does anyone know how to create these nsp correctly?

2018083114364400-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.

Last edited by yeniel, Aug 31, 2018
    TamarindoJuice likes this.
  2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You need to use the leaked sdk to make these. There’s a reason why you don’t see any of the homebrew nsp files posted here. You’ll have to grab the March 2018 ask from your favorite piracy website

3. jjbredesen

jjbredesen Yes I am not dead.

GBAtemp Patron
    jjbredesen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Korea, North
    Hyrule
    The tool has authoringtools, metatool and all the patches we have made embedded. No need to get the SDK.

What OP needs is to make patches to the NRO itself to load as a application, you can not just slap the nro in romfs.

nmkd and XorTroll like this.
  4. XorTroll

XorTroll Dev: Goldleaf, Brew.js, Plutonium, Brew.NET...

Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    Man, I'm the author of that NSPBuilder, and the reason I don't post it is because it uses the SDK.
    FYI, I'm waiting for @SimonMKWii to publish his new version of his NCABuilder to try to make a legal NSPBuilder.
    Anyway, there's no NRO to NSP converter. The NRO needs to be patched before it's compiled to boot ok as an application.

Edit: you can get ny NSPs or my builder in some certain discord servers (warezNX or my discord server, no links here)

Last edited by XorTroll, Aug 31, 2018
    yeniel likes this.
  5. r4dius

r4dius Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2017
    France
    Hi guys, any news on this ? Is there any quick info on how to build one of those new nsp "nro launchers" ?
    I'd like to try that rather than "convert" the nro into an nsp

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
  7. r4dius

r4dius Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2017
    France