Homebrew - .nds or .sc.nds?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by .Eric, Jun 4, 2008.

1. .Eric
    OP

.Eric Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2006
    United States
    For homebrew programs, such as DSOrganize, should I be using the .nds or the .sc.nds for a SCDS1? I figured I should use the sc.nds but the readme for DSOrganize says that the sc.nds is for older supercard products. Can someone please clarify? Thanks [​IMG]

2. nicky041192

nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2008
    UK
    i used either if them. i use beup.nds and it works perfectly. the .sc.nds also works... but im not too sure which is recommended

3. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    You should use the .nds one.

4. .Eric
    OP

.Eric Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2006
    United States
    Thank you for the quick response [​IMG]

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    If it was a slot-2 Supercard, I'd say either one would work fine, though if you had an issue with the *.nds you should try the *.sc.nds one instead. However, since you have an SCDS, use the *.nds one.

*.sc.nds is the same thing as *.ds.gba which is meant to run from a slot-2 device with GBA compatibility. The only reason *.sc.nds exists is because slot-2 Supercards used to require *.ds.gba ones but would only launch them in DS mode if they ended in *.nds, so the *.sc.nds ending was born. It's merely a rename, and it's mostly unnecessary now since the slot-2 Supercards now launch both of them fine as of firmware 1.81 or so.

6. Popcornwas

Popcornwas Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    Canada
    if you have r4 use nds or sc.nds if you have supercard use sc.nds

7. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for reviving an old topic. But as already mentioned, .sc.nds is only for old slot-2 supercard flashcards (like supercard SD, supercard lite). Today, the only file you need is .nds.

8. Popcornwas

Popcornwas Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    Canada
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)