spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I have been working on a menu for loading homebrew on most cards. It used chishm's dldi loader so it should work on quite a few cards. Basically I wanted a nice menu for my R6 gold (the menu for it is still beta, and is just a text list), but I figured other people might like it also.

You can get it on my site (just click on the latest project box to the left of the page), but I haven't updated the page yet (the download is up to date though).

To use it, just run it from your card, the controls are
Left/Right - move menu icons left/right.
Up/Down - jump to end/start of folders/list
A - load the center icon (the largest)
B - exit current folder
Stylus - touch an icon to move it to the center, touch the center icon to load it.

There is an example skin in the zip.
The skin currently uses top.gif and bottom.gif in the /menu_skin/ folder, this may change in the future. It is also best for the gif to have less than 255 colours as colours 255 and 256 are used for the text and clock and will be replaced.

Any comments welcome.
yaynds.gif

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I like the way the games icons scroll along but when i launch one it just freezes to a white screen i tried a homebrew rom SNEmulDS 0.5beta and is does the same. I am using a R4 with firmware v1.11. A lot of people have been hoping the r4 team would move game selection to the touch screen this would be a nice alternative if you could fix it so you can launch games. I would replace the moonshell button with this and use it all the time. The clock is cool but what is the button above it for?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The button above the clock is just an image,it doesn't do anything. If you look in the menu_skin folder, you can see. You can even delete the folder and it will load the internal skin. There is a problem with using it on the R4, for some reason it doesn't like it. You can get around this be encoding it as the menu.dat (or whatever it's called) chishm has made a tool for decoding/encoding the menu.dat if I remember correctly it works fine that way.

As for loading 'games' I assume you mean backups of commercial games. This will not happen ever. I do not know how the loader works, and to tell you the truth, it doesn't interest me. Most cards loaders will load these, this menu is mainly for homebrew only cards such as datel Games 'n' Music ,max media dock etc.

When the menu is finished, I will also add an encoded version as menu.dat.

lewislite - I gave the R4 to my girlfriend, I won the R6 in a competition, I use flash cards mostly for moonshell anyway, so as long as it plays my mp3's fast enough I'm happy.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Ok i had hi hopes this would work on the R4 to load commercial games from the touch screen but it seems that is not possible :'(
Nice work anyway like the seconds hand on the clock it's cool
biggrin.gif

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very good looking if only it could load DS Games it would be even better as R4 menu really sucks
But its still cool

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The latest version doesn't even run on the R4 (I can't think why though), but I have heard that the r4 menu does about 14 check to make sure its running from the R4 card, so it will no run on anything else either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back