RELEASE Homebrew Menu Loader `Legal` NSP

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by The-4n, Sep 19, 2018.

1. n0v317y

n0v317y Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    Can't I use browser nro with jan25 version?

Should I use feb10 version for browser?

2. The-4n
    OP

The-4n GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    No, Use latest version, 10 Feb

3. Yue23

Yue23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    Germany
    Hello, when i try to install the latest version, this will not install.
    my console crash and than i will reboot this.
    i have Atmosphare 0.8.4 and FW 6.2
    Thanks for helping me

4. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Yue23 likes this.
  5. Yue23

Yue23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    Germany
    Hmm... okay and When i will try it with Atmosphere 0.8.3 and FW 6.2 there i have the same problem, that my console crash. -.-

6. n0v317y

n0v317y Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    Cannot exit goldleaf v0.4 with pressing plus button.
    it works when i open goldleaf with album

7. nuvandibe

nuvandibe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2007
    United States
    Every NSP I install on 7.0.1 works except this one. It just sits there and spins with a gray circle on the home menu.

8. Some1CP

Some1CP GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Same. Also can't install the retroarch NSP.

9. The-4n
    OP

The-4n GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    You are missing FS patches

10. Some1CP

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I installed the patches from your other post. Those nsps are not installing properly.

Last edited by Some1CP, Mar 19, 2019
  11. The-4n
    OP

The-4n GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    Try another title installer

12. Some1CP

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Only tinfoil seems to work in 7.0.1.

13. ScottNBNP

ScottNBNP GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Australia
    I have the same issue when installing the nap from the switch it self .
    I use tinfoil with fluffy over USB and have no problem installing the forwarder

14. The-4n
    OP

The-4n GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    If you mean Blawar's one, You have to do sth to enable installing unsigned nsps (ncas)
    You can ask Blawar about it on his topic

15. richexpert

richexpert Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Canada
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HBL !!!

16. agarpac

agarpac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Indonesia
    so, since this is switch app, the hbmenu will always on my app list eventho it's not cfw anymore.
    can i open it with ofw? is it dangerous? i'm afraid to try (eventho it might be just an error that i can't open it up).
    also, i want to hide it to prevent my friend accidentally open it IF it's indeed dangerous for my switch

17. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Do you mean that you've gone back to official firmware and it's still installed? It won't open as you need sigpatches

Just don't go online with it installed it if it has ever been installed

18. agarpac

agarpac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Indonesia
    you mean, i should not go online with it installed?
    since i'm still going online (for buying some games and whatnot) on ofw.
    if going online on ofw while having this is a bad idea, i'll remove it.
    just gonna ask this while at it, can you remove this normally? or do i need an app to do it?

EDIT :
    and so, i removed it with goldleaf. i assume it'll make me safer when i'm going online on ofw.
    or is it?
    man, i want still do homebrew stuffs (on cfw) while retaining ofw functionality as a whole (can still online, etc) when i return to it
    but i guess i wasn't prepared for this.

Last edited by agarpac, Jun 27, 2019
  19. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Thank you for serving as an example for how to get yourself banned. Maybe.

Here is the issue. You installed a .nsp - which shows up in several logs on the Switch with its Game ID. The Game ID is not an official one. Nintendo doesnt allow endusers to build .nsp (you just violated a service agreement - probably). Thats all thats needed to get you banned from Nintendos online services. Removing it might lower chances - but once its in the logs, its in the logs.

If you delete logs - you are now even more suspicious - and have an even higher chance of getting banned.

Nintendo seems to ban in waves - so there is some leeway. Good luck.

There is a REASON why we are still telling people "launch HBL for full ram access with an "installed game"". And not just "use this .nsp". Reason - there is a ban risk for installing .nsp's you dind't get from the Nintendo eshop.

Duh. (.nsp also is a piracy format. Duh.)

We make it f*cking complicated for us - to support other noobs, by having to go through the spiel of "launch HBL via an installed game while holding R to get full ram access" - just so that the usually low 90s IQ people we support all day (even though we dont want to), dont get themselves banned - even if they are in the smallest minority (like you are) - of wanting to use homebrew - and the eshop, and havent read up on what causes a ban - and even doing so without using emunand (to seperate the homebrew system partition from the "going online" system partition).

We f*cking cope - with having to answer "why does it crash (because you need full ram access, and album does never grant you full ram access)" with "launch HBL by launching an installed game (not gamecardsslot), while holding R" - to which the response in 20% of the cases is "I launched album while holding R, it doesnt work", to which we have to reply "album is not a game". JUST so people like you don't get banned.

We suffer - just so people like you don't get banned. Everyone that doenst care about being banned, or is smart enough to navigate an emunand solution - install this .nsp - and have it much, much easier. I did.

You don't know how much we suffer, just so we don't get people like you banned.

Every time I've recommended this .nsp, I've written a freaking paragraph - just so your case doesnt happen to anyone unexpectedly. Details. Different use cases. People using homebrew, like they just dont care - and dont know its a ban risk. (Installing .nsps is. Using Piracy _of course_ is.)

Last edited by notimp, Jun 28, 2019
  20. agarpac

agarpac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Indonesia
    first of all, i'm sorry for my trouble
    i have less knowledge about the hacking scene (also my first hack on new console) and you are frustated from post i type
    but i know that, making this and / or try to make homebrew scene as safe as possible is really hard.
    and i should have known about this :
    i already violated their agreement by hacking my switch already
    this app should make the inevitable sooner. i should have known about that too.
    i didn't read much enough to understand another possibility of accessing the homebrew launcher
    also i'll try not to ask the obvious by learning deeper to switch hacking

i hope you forgive me.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted