Homebrew Loader

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by SlyGuy, Sep 16, 2006.

Sep 16, 2006

Homebrew Loader by SlyGuy at 8:40 PM (740 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. SlyGuy
    OP

Member SlyGuy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Has anyone made a homebrew loader for the G6lite that would effectively do the same thing as going into "My Card" and lauching an application with "Add Header". This is the only way to get some homebrew to work and it would be nice if I could just launch the games from the main menu. If this isn't already out there, I think it would be a great idea for homebrewers or the G6 team to write up (mind you I'm not ASKING for it - I just think it would be a good idea)

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    It's always been out, quite possibly longer than you've been into DS homebrew, which is assumedly why you didn't know about it. http://darkfader.net/ds/files/ndsmall.bin
    Code:
    copy /b ndsmall.bin + demo.nds demoload.nds
    Then copy demoload.nds (or whatever you named it) to the G6 with Direct Copy in the GM.

3. SlyGuy
    OP

Canada
    Thank-you! (I think this is probably the 4th time you've helped me outphase, I really appreciate it!) Now I just have to figure out this demo business you speak of.

EDIT: I feel like such a doofus, but I gotta be honest with you, outphase, I can't figure out how to implement this fix. I downloaded the file, but I don't know what to do with the code or what this demo.nds and demoload.nds are. Programming > Me.

4. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The "code" he posted is just a DOS command, so what you do is put NDSMALL.BIN and the homebrew you want to patch in the same folder, open a command prompt there and enter in what he said. All it does is append the 512Byte program NDSMALL.BIN as a header/loader.

You could also make a batch file to do it for you with the following:

@echo off
    copy /B NDSMALL.BIN+%1 %1.gba
    exit

Or, maybe even easier, you could use the program being discussed here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36832

While it was originally written for the Supercard, it has worked with all the homebrew stuff I've tried loading on my G6. That's a nice program because it checks first to make sure that there's not already a loader appended to the file you drop on it. It creates a .sc.gba file as its output, which you'll have to rename to .nds before loading to you G6 card if you want to it to show up in the main G6 menu rather than just under MyCard.

...word is bondage...

5. SlyGuy
    OP

Canada
    Thanks, SFD! (God, I love this forum!)