OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello all,

Alright; the issue I'm having, is that the launcher won't get passed the screen that says (I assume, at least - it's in a foreign language) Press A. I have a gamecube controller, but it doesn't seem to respond; is it at all possible that homebrew requires an official gamecube controller? As the only one I have is third party, but it is Wii compatible, & works with Mario Kart, Smash bros ... etc.

I've tried searching; but can't find any real discussion on Homebrew Launcher at all, I guess it's all still very new.

Regards,
Naijan

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry to say your options probably are:

- get a new controller

-use a different homebrew launcher

-wait till someone adds wiimote support to that launcher

naijan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, I had everything set up correctly. you'll never guess what the problem was!

Lack of sleep, a dangerous thing
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
- I had the GC controller plugged in to what I *thought* was slot 1, whilst it was in fact slot 4! I have the wii set down horizontally, you see - and the far left (on it's side) does seem to be the natural position for the first slot ... evidently, this is not so
happy.gif

It's quite unfortunate that I was so impatient; as during my initial troubleshooting exercise, I was actually trying each port ... got to port 3, got fed up (again, lack of sleep!) and didn't try the final (which would have worked!) port
rofl2.gif
Have a laugh on me lads ...

Got some caffeine into me, decided to give it a whirl ... voila! Works great, thanks anyway guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse