Homebrew Launcher problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by naijan, Apr 25, 2008.

1. naijan
    OP

naijan Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Hello all,

Alright; the issue I'm having, is that the launcher won't get passed the screen that says (I assume, at least - it's in a foreign language) Press A. I have a gamecube controller, but it doesn't seem to respond; is it at all possible that homebrew requires an official gamecube controller? As the only one I have is third party, but it is Wii compatible, & works with Mario Kart, Smash bros ... etc.

I've tried searching; but can't find any real discussion on Homebrew Launcher at all, I guess it's all still very new.

Regards,
    Naijan

2. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    The problem could be your 3rd party GC pad. I heard some of them don't work on Wii.

3. mdlmemorybank

mdlmemorybank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2008
    United States
    im sorry to say your options probably are:

- get a new controller

-use a different homebrew launcher

-wait till someone adds wiimote support to that launcher

4. mark187

mark187 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2007
    Do you have your elf files in a /homebrew/*title*/boot.elf structure?

5. naijan
    OP

naijan Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Yes, I had everything set up correctly. you'll never guess what the problem was!

Lack of sleep, a dangerous thing [​IMG] [​IMG] - I had the GC controller plugged in to what I *thought* was slot 1, whilst it was in fact slot 4! I have the wii set down horizontally, you see - and the far left (on it's side) does seem to be the natural position for the first slot ... evidently, this is not so [​IMG]

It's quite unfortunate that I was so impatient; as during my initial troubleshooting exercise, I was actually trying each port ... got to port 3, got fed up (again, lack of sleep!) and didn't try the final (which would have worked!) port [​IMG] Have a laugh on me lads ...

Got some caffeine into me, decided to give it a whirl ... voila! Works great, thanks anyway guys!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice