Homebrew Launcher problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by naijan, Apr 25, 2008.

Apr 25, 2008

Homebrew Launcher problem by naijan at 10:10 AM (913 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. naijan
    OP

Newcomer naijan Newbie

Australia
    Hello all,

Alright; the issue I'm having, is that the launcher won't get passed the screen that says (I assume, at least - it's in a foreign language) Press A. I have a gamecube controller, but it doesn't seem to respond; is it at all possible that homebrew requires an official gamecube controller? As the only one I have is third party, but it is Wii compatible, & works with Mario Kart, Smash bros ... etc.

I've tried searching; but can't find any real discussion on Homebrew Launcher at all, I guess it's all still very new.

Regards,
    Naijan

2. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    The problem could be your 3rd party GC pad. I heard some of them don't work on Wii.

3. mdlmemorybank

Newcomer mdlmemorybank Advanced Member

United States
    im sorry to say your options probably are:

- get a new controller

-use a different homebrew launcher

-wait till someone adds wiimote support to that launcher

4. mark187

Member mark187 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Do you have your elf files in a /homebrew/*title*/boot.elf structure?

5. naijan
    OP

Newcomer naijan Newbie

Australia
    Yes, I had everything set up correctly. you'll never guess what the problem was!

Lack of sleep, a dangerous thing [​IMG] [​IMG] - I had the GC controller plugged in to what I *thought* was slot 1, whilst it was in fact slot 4! I have the wii set down horizontally, you see - and the far left (on it's side) does seem to be the natural position for the first slot ... evidently, this is not so [​IMG]

It's quite unfortunate that I was so impatient; as during my initial troubleshooting exercise, I was actually trying each port ... got to port 3, got fed up (again, lack of sleep!) and didn't try the final (which would have worked!) port [​IMG] Have a laugh on me lads ...

Got some caffeine into me, decided to give it a whirl ... voila! Works great, thanks anyway guys!