HomeBrew Launcher opens but in the main menu i get error 160-0101

mrJS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys! I just signed up for gbatemp! But I want to get straight to the point. I started changing my wii u using "tiramisu" (so to open HBL I would open Mii Channel, but until now I used the app installed using WUP Installer GX2) after using a browser exploit, which I didn't like very much. When I wanted to create a mii on the vWii mii channel, it took me to the CTGP-R channel (Mario kart's Wii mod), so I googled and found the vWii decaffeinator. But I am not smart, in fact I have not read any disclaimer, and now I am here, like a cow with a Wii U walled up: every time I want to enter the wii u menu it tells me the error 160-0101. Now not so if it is relevant but HomeBrew Launcher opens (the one installed using WUP Installer GX2). What can I do? Can I get my Wii U back? I've had it since 2015 and love this console (can't buy another one).

Mini update: maybe also this i relevant, so i say that also the Wii U Mii channel boots into HomeBrew Channel
Another one: I found out that maybe the Wii U FTP Server can be useful, so now i have it on my HBL but dont know what to do it (in another thread @AQS says that the author of that thread has to fix "XYZ" using FTP, but i didnt understand)
Third one: I somehow fixed.. i removed the usb and the disc that were inside the wii u

Last edited by mrJS,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Sypherone,

deckerboii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iam not common with this Error. But if u still got it, it seems your Console is bricked. Best check this forum fir details. There a few threads in this forum about this Errorcode.
https://gbatemp.net/search/2126040/?q=error+160-0101&o=relevance

In this case there is a new method for unbricking, maybe u can use it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-unbrick-guide-without-soldering.613371/
It's an error that occurs when you have a vWii disc inserted in the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1