homebrew launcher just boots into a red screen

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kirino, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Kirino
    OP

Kirino GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    DesuIsSparta likes this.
  2. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    I have the same problem. I'm on a New 3DS on emunand 9.5. The homebrew loader CIA just gives me black on top and red on the bottom

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Are you using CTRBootManager to autoboot into your cfw?

4. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    Yes. I tried to follow WallK's tutorial but I don't have "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload" I have "ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_new3ds.bin" but i changed searched and replaced boot.3dsx with bhbl.3dsx anyway.

5. DarkJesus

DarkJesus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2008
    Does your boot.cfg contain the right value for your homebrew launcher 3dsx file? I had this same issue and noticed my homebrew launcher was called bhbl.3dsx and boot.cfg contained bootHBL.3dsx

6. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
  7. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    I have to wonder why so many guides have edited boot.cfgs and then force you to change the names of the things around, instead of just using the default names ctrbootmanager does.
    (Defaults being boot.3dsx for CBM and renaming smea's boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx, as this is how boot.cfg references it by default)

8. Wilsonec

Wilsonec Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    Hey I just ran into this error and I realised the cause was that I'd just updated from 10.5 to 10.6 and so the HBL Loader downloaded a new payload. Had to take that into HxD and edit the boot.3dsx string to what I had it set to previously (hbl2.3dsx). Works fine now

9. Purple Mudkip

Purple Mudkip Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2016
    Colombia
    With ur mom
    So... no one knows how to fix it yet?
    Someone told me to change my boot.3dsx file for another one, i'll try it tomorrow, if it works i'll give you guys the link to the file if you still have this issue.

10. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    I have nearly the same problem witz a9lh and the Hombrew launcher loader.
    The App downloaded successfully all nessesary files and the starter Pack (content) is on my SD Cart.

Everytime i open it the bottem screen goes to red and the new 3ds XL freeze.

On my old 3ds xl the install worked well and the Homebre Channel loads without any problem so i dont know where the mistake is :(

Does anyone now how i can fix that?
    Because would really like to use it :)

Guigui92 likes this.