Homebrew Official Homebrew Launcher for WiiU

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 804,101
  • Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98
D

Deleted User

It COULD run, but it'll probably be uncontrollable.
But it requires Wii hardware, so..

Attachments

• pls.jpg
    pls.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 265

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
its just about another way to load loadiine.....its a pity i wd love to see this used more. hey devs....any chance of a good media player for the wiiu homebrew channel. that wd be great...

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Get homebrew launcher source
Replace the bgMusic.ogg file by a another bgMusic.ogg or bgMusic.mp3
Build homebrew launcher
No, there's no need to "build" anything.
From official github release note:
  • allow MP3 and WAV background musics (file has to be located at and called "homebrew_launcher/resources/bgMusic.ogg" for now even if its not an OGG file)

Works for me by the way.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No, there's no need to "build" anything.
From official github release note:

Works for me by the way.
If you want to get fancy though, you can modify the source to use a settings file like Loadiine uses, and then you can call the file anything you want and have it in any folder you want. I don't think they bothered with a settings file though, since changing the background music location would be the only thing needed in the settings file.

Reactions: lordelan
D

Deleted User

Error when copile

root@peggy-pc:/home/peggy/Téléchargements/homebrew_launcher-master# make
linking ... homebrew_launcher.elf
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: /opt/devkitpro/libogc/lib/wii/libmad.a(frame.o): the target (mad_timer_zero) of a R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation is in the wrong output section (.data)
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: /opt/devkitpro/libogc/lib/wii/libmad.a(frame.o): the target (mad_timer_zero) of a R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation is in the wrong output section (.data)
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/home/peggy/Téléchargements/homebrew_launcher-master/Makefile:163: recipe for target '/home/peggy/Téléchargements/homebrew_launcher-master/homebrew_launcher.elf' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/peggy/Téléchargements/homebrew_launcher-master/homebrew_launcher.elf] Error 1
Makefile:141: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

Somewhone can help me please ?

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to edit the source files to match the colors of the classic HBC Wii theme (light boxes with dark text). But I don't understand the GX2 color definitions. I know, there are values for RGB and Alpha channels. Which line I have to edit to get black text? Maybe this lines in GuiText.cpp?

Code:
void GuiText::setPresets(int sz, const glm::vec4 & c, int w, int a)
{
    presetSize = sz;
    presetColor = (GX2ColorF32) { (f32)c.r / 255.0f, (f32)c.g / 255.0f, (f32)c.b / 255.0f, (f32)c.a / 255.0f };
    presetMaxWidth = w;
    presetAlignment = a;
}

Thanks!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to use Nintendont with the Homebrew launcher to play gamecube games?

Nope. You need to mod vWii to use nintendont.

Edit: but it would be handy to have a forwarder to vWii that auto launched nintendont.... No idea if that's possible.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Oddly I cannot get this to work, forgive me.. I have the elf in SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
I visit a web-hosted site and the wii u locks up after running a file. It always freezes on the screen with the WiiU logo in the bottom right and the music is frozen on one note. Any advice? thanks

(ps tried a different SD card also)

Last edited by LuigiXL,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly I cannot get this to work, forgive me.. I have the elf in SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
I visit a web-hosted site and the wii u locks up after running a file. It always freezes on the screen with the WiiU logo in the bottom right and the music is frozen on one note. Any advice? thanks

(ps tried a different SD card also)
What firmware version is your Wii U. Do you have the latest version of the homebrew launcher, are you self hosting or not. What you can try is going to your internet browser settings and delete cookies and reset save data.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
What firmware version is your Wii U. Do you have the latest version of the homebrew launcher, are you self hosting or not. What you can try is going to your internet browser settings and delete cookies and reset save data.

Thank you.
Yes the latest elf from the github. Not self-hosting. I will reset the browser now, I actually reset the entire console just now, but ill try the cookies again. Thanks for reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c