Not open for further replies.

yamikaiba20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My O3DS XL didn't have CFW while my N3DS XL did have CFW, and when I did a system transfer from O3DS -> N3DS, I noticed all the CFW icons, including the Homebrew Launcher, disappeared on my N3DS XL; however, all the CFW files are still on the SD card.

N3DS XL has A9LH. I'm not sure if it has NAND backup, but there's a NAND bin file.

My question is how can I get all the CFW stuff to appear on my N3DS XL when I turn it on? Would it be easier for me to redo the entire CFW process on it?

I appreciate any assistance!

Seepy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm Auro from /reddit. Thank you for clearing up your situation.

You will still have CFW installed on your new 3DS. To get back the Homebrew Launcher, you will need to reinstall a CIA installer such as FBI or Big Blue Menu into the Health and Safety app using Hourglass9/Decrypt9 (if you followed Plaicet's guide, this will be by holding start during boot). Once it's installed, you can then proceed to reinstall the HBL and any other homebrew.

Interestingly, if you still have the Nintendo3DS folder from the original 3DS on the SD card in the new 3ds, you can use FBI/BBM and just reinstall the title. This should cause the files to reappear, although I have no confirmation of this method other than the post here.

Goodluck

yamikaiba20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Auro from /reddit. Thank you for clearing up your situation.

You will still have CFW installed on your new 3DS. To get back the Homebrew Launcher, you will need to reinstall a CIA installer such as FBI or Big Blue Menu into the Health and Safety app using Hourglass9/Decrypt9 (if you followed Plaicet's guide, this will be by holding start during boot). Once it's installed, you can then proceed to reinstall the HBL and any other homebrew.

Interestingly, if you still have the Nintendo3DS folder from the original 3DS on the SD card in the new 3ds, you can use FBI/BBM and just reinstall the title. This should cause the files to reappear, although I have no confirmation of this method other than the post here.

Goodluck

When I hold Start during boot and try to restore EmuNAND, it says my SD card is not formatted, but it should be the right format since it has CFW files on it. I learned the hard way not to touch SysNand, so I don't think I'm supposed to go there. Please advise.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont be afraid to merge from using Emunand to Sysnand you have A9LH. as long you have a backup you can recover from almost any brick (anything fouling up the MCU or FIRM partitions recuire a hardmod and i think not even hardmod saves you from an MCU Brick) this is the biggest advantage and draw to A9LH. and if it says not formatted but showing space, it might just mean Not Formatted for Emunand, if you followed the guide you should already be using Sysnand./

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol