Homebrew launcher CIA not launching titles on a9lh?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by xdarkmario, Nov 18, 2016.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    i cant get the homebrew launcher to load any app on my n3ds, im on the latest FW 11.2 with A9LH and Luma latest update. every time i try launch a homebrew it shows a red screen and goes back to the homebrew launcher. And fbi launches but says "failed to acquire kernel access."
    can i even run homebrew launcher on my latest updated OS?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You should be able to use the Homebrew Launcher cia as I can as well. Do you have FBI injected into your Health&Safety app? What apps are you trying to open in the Homebrew Launcher cia?

3. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    i tried launching fbi, decrypt9WIP and godmode9.
    i assume its because their only to be launched via a9lh menu because on boot holding up or down while turning on 3ds (the shortcuts i applied to luma) the work fine.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    All 3 of those apps are useless in the Homebrew Launcher if you have A9LH installed. Just use the payload chaining feature with Luma. FBI needs to be injected into the Health&Safety app then, if you prefer it, installed as a cia on your Home Menu.

5. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    i suppose your right, it was really a experiment and a matter of preference but not really practical. i have fbi already installed as a cia and the only thing i wanted to do was use godmode9 and decrypt9 without rebooting but its not really that much of a pain.
    that aside other homebrews should work right?

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Yep, I've had no issues with any of my Homebrew.