Homebrew Homebrew app Homebrew launcher 2021 for Wii U

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great. This is probably a weird question, but is there any chance you could make a homebrew loader that loads homebrew from a different folder in the SD card? I'd like to have 2 separate Homebrew loaders, one for just tools and system apps, and another just for homebrew games if possible.

momenter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
So, no info shown? Some apps have a somewhat strange name not related to their purposes.
When install, users know what is that app.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also when you open a game, you only know its name.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate this actually. It's nice that the homebrew launcher gets an update after sitting so long in inactivity. And the Pro Controller works with it, which is awesome. However, I am with these guys about the text, but for different reasons. One thing I think has been missing from the Wiis Homebrew Channel is the ability to not only go back or open the app, but to delete it as well. Sure, you can go to the app store to delete it, or use wiixplorer/wiiushell to delete it. But it would be nice to have it right there. Do you think that's possible to add that in? Or maybe an internal file explorer with simple options? Thanks man.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is interesting, but don't a lot of homebrew apps require the gamepad anyway? that's my only concern. I've downloaded the channel version, since I already have the original channel installed, I'll just remove that, then install this when I have a chance in a few days.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is true, the game pad is needed for a good majority of apps. But there's a thread on here that's going threw and adding pro controller support to some key apps, that would be enough to get you by. Plus it's been added to the Open Homebrew Channel, and a mod of Wiixplorer that I found. It can get you by.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is true, the game pad is needed for a good majority of apps. But there's a thread on here that's going threw and adding pro controller support to some key apps, that would be enough to get you by. Plus it's been added to the Open Homebrew Channel, and a mod of Wiixplorer that I found. It can get you by.

I remember that thread. I haven't used any of them. it's not often I go into the homebrew channel. the main homebrew I use is usually about 5 channel versions. the ftp server app by @Laf111 , I think, requires the gamepad though, which is a bit annoying. you just need to enter it, then it shuts down the system once you exit with home. however, I could've sworn home didn't work with the pro controller. that's the homebrew I use most often, mostly to add wii u themes to my system.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There actually already was a Homebrew Launcher version with Joystick navigation made a bit over a year ago here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebre...ebrew-gamepad-free.563011/page-5#post-9164150 Rest of the new features are neat though. Frankly I prefer the little popup telling you what the Homebrew app does in more detail, so I'm not crazy about the instant boot change where that pop up doesn't appear, could be frustrating if you accidentally ever select the wrong app.

ExZardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dimok doesn't update homebrew launcher since 2016. It's a new version with a new UI and feature fork from GaryOderNichts with D-pad support.
Here is all feature:
  • Add support for joystick navigation
  • Add NX homebrew launcher icon
  • Quick loading apps, remove app info popup
  • New theme, font from Switch
Download: https://github.com/maytinhdibo/homebrew_launcher/releases
XHRkm3p.jpg

Btw, do I make and mod it legal?
Wonderful!

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think, requires the gamepad though, which is a bit annoying. you just need to enter it, then it shuts down the system once you exit with home

Hi,

Just to let you know that it is supposed to work with the PRO controller and that WiiuFtpServer now returns to Wii-U Menu instead of shuting down since V5-2.

Have a nice day

Last edited by Laf111,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Just to let you know that it is supposed to work with the PRO controller and that WiiuFtpServer now returns to Wii-U Menu instead of shuting down since V5-2.

Have a nice day

I installed the latest, and I still can't get the pro controller to work. it just completely loses sync. I tested the hb menu, and it works with the controller.

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed the latest, and I still can't get the pro controller to work. it just completely loses sync. I tested the hb menu, and it works with the controller.

Sorry, i didn't understand if you used the PRO controller for the HBL Menu test.
Since i can't send you a PM : sorry to "pollute" this thread...

When you said "it looses sync" : did you mean that buttons stop working ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol