Homebrew killed after MH Tri

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sora Master2.0, May 5, 2010.

May 5, 2010
  1. Sora Master2.0
    OP

Member Sora Master2.0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I updated with Monster Hunter tri. Homebrew was unaffected. I updated again so I could go online. Homebrew killed. I tried getting every pack I could find and loading bootmii through the sd menu. It says nothing can be installed, and nothing loads. Any ideas why? Help please.
    Thnkx. =]

2. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    read a "mod 4.2" tut

3. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    I've been reading them. HackMii doesnt say it has anything to install, and I have all the wads and IOS's I need.

4. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You'll have to load software with banner bomb until you can get to the point where you can install something HackMii Installer can use.

5. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    Sorry mind explaning? ^^;
    I get to the point where you press 1, then I get to where it needs to install things. It says there is nothing to install, but I have everything. Maybe you would like to make or show me a working pack? I tried using this tutorial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0TVvxGOLOM...feature=related

6. muck chucker

Member muck chucker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use the tutorial on the main
    page the how to upgrade to 4.2 this also includes nodding it aswell

7. conanac

Member conanac Be an Angel

United States
  8. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    I goto the data management screen like I'm told but it freezes. I've formatted to FAT32.

9. aml435

Member aml435 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    On 4.2, you have to load banner bomb from the SD card menu, not the data management.

10. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    That doesnt do the trick either.

11. Wiiwu

Member Wiiwu GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    Since you can bannerbomb earlier to hackmii installer, what I'd suggest is try [MMM] from the link in my sig.

First copy MMM's boot.dol to your SD card root folder, then bannerbomb into it.

Next choose the 'Install and patch IOS36' option, when its done, go to its APP Manager and relaunch the hackmii installer to install HBC.

12. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    Thankx I'll try and let you know what happens. =D

13. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    op failed and everyone failed

monster hunter tri contains the boot2 update and 4.1 + a shitload of ios'

what he sees under homebrew is either his shit piracy problem or he updated from nintendo itself lol

14. tommyv

Newcomer tommyv Advanced Member

United States
    my only question is why would you update from a disc just like that, it is known that you can't update from a Nintendo official source and keep homebrew, I don't understand why you did what you did, what lulwut said is also true you just killed the ability of using bootmii, the boot 2 was updated, you didn't need to update to 4.2 in order to play MH, so I really don't understand what you were trying to accomplish really.

15. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    only deadlyfoez had the right solution, it sounds like u hard darkcorp or cioscorp on this wii at some point, and u have the no vulnerable IOS problem

save a wad manager boot.dol to the root of the sd card (if u have a boot.elf saved there also, either temporarily rename or move it), install a non-fakesigned IOS34 and IOS61 (you can get these from nus auto downloader, or from the original nus downloader).

Then try to launch the hackmii installer again via bannerbomb (so put the hackmii boot.elf back to the root of the sd card, and rename or move the wad manager boot.dol), and it should work.

16. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    Sorry guys, my brother updated thorugh Nintendo. I think I can fix it with the above solution for sure. I'm sorry guys. I had cioscorp, but the 4.2 update killed it. Alright I think I can fix this. I'll report back after the fix. Thanks everyone. =]
    Which IOS do I install from? 249? It freezes.

17. XFlak

Canada
    since u r installing non-fakesigned IOSs, u can use any non-fakesigned IOS in addition to fakesigned IOSs

try 36, if it doesn't work, just keep trying different numbers until u find one that works (no harm can come from this... even though I hate giving trial and error as advice)... 36 should work if its fakesigned, it should work if its not fakesigned... not sure if cioscorp replaces this file, and if so, not sure if it will work, but no harm in trying... if u keep having problems, u should use bannerbomb to launch dop-mii, then run the fakesign restorer, then try using IOS36 again.

18. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    Alright. Thank you.
    Will try.
    EDIT: Homebrew channel installed. I think I'm good now. Things still freeze when I choose 249. Any fix?

19. XFlak

Canada
    best advice: follow a guide or use nus auto downloader (which has guides also)

things are freezing with IOS249 because IOS249 was stubbed when u updated, just delete stub IOSs and reinstall your cIOSs... your cios250 is probably still intact (assuming u had it installed before), but you may want to reinstall it along with 249 anyways. Also update cios202, 222, 223 and 249

20. Sora Master2.0
    OP

United States
    I installed most of those. So how would I unistall 249, then re install, is there an app I can use? I think there is but don't remember what it's called.