Homebrew Homebrew Ideas

thatbooisaspy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There was a previous thread for this but it was lost in time (for some reason).

I want to do some homebrew development work but I have no idea on what to create, and I want some "easy project ideas" that I could do in a few days. Try to be serious, I want ideas, not memes (even bad ones).

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually recommend doing a picking sticks + dodge this type of game. It's very easy to get started and very flexible making it easy to expand.
Just to clarify, it's a game where you pick-up randomly placed "points" while dodging enemies.

Reactions: Jwiz33

william341

Last remaining VinsClone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually recommend doing a picking sticks + dodge this type of game. It's very easy to get started and very flexible making it easy to expand.
Just to clarify, it's a game where you pick-up randomly placed "points" while dodging enemies.
how is your dos emulator going
or the javascript thing

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is your dos emulator going
or the javascript thing
DosBox is still under way, but I have another one working for the time being. The javascript petit Computer (codename: "Brewery") is at a barebones stage, it works but I'm implementing 3D engine to counter the performance issues with many draw calls. And I also started a new project: "IndieBrew.io". It's not a homebrew but various tutorials ranging from basic programming to 3d game development.

william341

Last remaining VinsClone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Javascript on 3DS? This i'd like to see..
DosBox is still under way, but I have another one working for the time being. The javascript petit Computer (codename: "Brewery") is at a barebones stage, it works but I'm implementing 3D engine to counter the performance issues with many draw calls. And I also started a new project: "IndieBrew.io". It's not a homebrew but various tutorials ranging from basic programming to 3d game development.
the indiebrew thing is how to make homebrew stuff though I assume?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Port the LÖVE game Order of Twilight! Should be fairly easy given there is a LÖVE port for 3DS.

LÖVE source code is on the creator's site - http://stabyourself.net/orderoftwilight/

Also, the game's graphics can be shrunk and fit in the 3DS's resolution - like so https://i.imgur.com/lqsXkLz.png (mockup)

Would it be possible to get a homebrew to set a custom smdh file as your favorite title in the friend list? Or as your last played in Mii Plaza?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't see that happening because homebrew applications aren't titles like Pokemon X, it's just unsigned code.
I'd assume there's a way to just set an input smdh file into, say, extdata or however it's handled.

What about the other request?

thatbooisaspy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd assume there's a way to just set an input smdh file into, say, extdata or however it's handled.

What about the other request?

I'll look into it, I haven't looked into lovepotion much and I don't know how complete their implementation is (I've heard of difficulties trying to port stabyourself's games to 3ds). After I get done with my file manager, I can try if someone didn't beat me to it.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also gotten the interpreter running on the 3DS. The problem is not getting the interpreter running, but what you implement.
I haven't really done anything he just hits me up on skype saying: can you test this latest build? I go: Sure! Then I test it I can't code for shit hahaha. I just do what the boss man says

thatbooisaspy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Follow up, I tried to but love potion is not nearly mature yet for it. It doesn't have access to the filesystem and only got recent audio support (and only plays .wav files). So it's a lost cause until it's developed more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies