Homebrew Idea - Download ROMs on Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by xKaze Senoue, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xKaze Senoue
    OP

Newcomer xKaze Senoue Newbie

Brazil
    Yesterday, I was trying to find a FTP server full of Nintendo DS roms, so I would download them directly to my DS through a FTP Client, and couldnt find any. And That's where this idea came from.

> How It Works
    So, there are already FTP Clients for Nintendo DS, but this one will be different. There will be a list with every ROM and Homebrew uploaded to the FTP Server, and if you press A, it will be downloaded directly to your flashcard, without even touching a computer, which will save some time.

The problem is that I don't know crap of Homebrew Developement, so I came here to ask for help on this project. If someone is interested on coding the homebrew, or helping me to, I would be very thankful. And after it is ready, I will start uploading the .nds files to the FTP Server, with help of the volunteered uploaders.

Thanks,
    Rodrigo.

2. Prof. 9

Member Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Considering that the fastest I've seen a DS download at is 5-50 kbps, I highly doubt it.

1 person likes this.
  3. NaokiKitsuhine

Member NaokiKitsuhine GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    And this homebrew helps piracy, which is very diferent from homebrews...

1 person likes this.
  4. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    1. it would be illegal
    2. it would be way way way too slow, you wouldn't leave your DS on long enough to download something.
    3. you can already download on your computer and transfer to your ds much faster than downloading on your ds
    4. dont you think in 7 years someone would have done it if it was a good idea?
    5. dsorganiser alread can download homebrew only.

1 person likes this.
  5. xKaze Senoue
    OP

Newcomer xKaze Senoue Newbie

Brazil
    Actually, I used to download at 65kbps on my computer, and it doesn't take too long to download a NDS ROM. With "Save some time", I mean that you can download games or homebrews when you can't use you computer, like when you're not at home, or your stupid brother is using it.

6. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Impracticalities aside, a piece of homebrew software designed for downloading copyrighted material would certainly be banned on this site.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.