homebrew for r4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by CrystalSweet, Sep 6, 2007.

Sep 6, 2007

homebrew for r4? by CrystalSweet at 1:35 AM (1,066 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. CrystalSweet
    OP

Member CrystalSweet GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    heyyy everyone
    i just got an r4 ds
    so im a newbie [​IMG]
    i dont know how to make the homebrew workk
    i took the .nds file
    and pasted into the micro sd
    but when i select it on moonshell?
    it says adaptor not found
    i dont know how to get them to work.

btw, what are the programs for music and videos? and how do i make everything work?
    lol im a real newbie.
    thanks in advance!
    i really need the help.

2. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    Don't use moonshell. And if you have the newest kernal, you don't need to DLDI patch it

3. greyhound

Member greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    you just run your homebrew from the R4 menu like a game, i create separate folders for homebrew and games just to organise things a bit.

Moonshell will, however, play your music and videos that are in .dpg format. There's a converter for vids somewhere

4. CrystalSweet
    OP

Canada
    OOOHHHH okayyy!
    thank yous [​IMG]
    so i use it from the game menu?
    okay i got it [​IMG]
    how do i convert music and vids into dvg?
    so moonshell is basically a music player?

5. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
  6. greyhound

Member greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    yeah, moonshell will play your media.

Sorry, you don't need to convert music, that should just work, but videos need to be converted.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35547 will help you with converting and stuff

7. CrystalSweet
    OP

Canada
    OHHHH okay!
    thank you both SOOO much!

8. zeppo

Member zeppo change my avatar!

United States
    it also views images. and I see that you mentioned comic book ds in the subtitle for the thread. it is THE BEST homebrew ever if you are a mangahead like me. otherwise... not so much.

you can find the latest version at http://cbds.free.fr/Softwares/ComicBookDS/?language=en

to make .cbds files you need picto ds. it is available at http://cbds.free.fr/Softwares/PictoDS/?language=en and is a pc app. I think it's pretty self explanatory.

p.s. more fun for using mp3 files is the ipod app. It just finds all the mp3 files in your whole micro sd and lists them all. pretty unorganized, but still awesome. I forget what it's called; something like imp-ng blah blah blah. but I think it's in the download section here.

9. jambo

Newcomer jambo Newbie

Japan
    Hello well got the r4, and I think the latest kernel but having problems, running a few things

Got the cbds reader, at first it didn't work properly so I DLDI patched it then it worked, got the comics off the website (the heroes series) used pictods to convert to cbds put it in the comic reader file and.. now the cbds loads but there are no thumbnails, it sees the comics (1/20, is this to much?) and just spends a long time with this message 'opening 1/20' and nothing else happens, am I putting to many comics on it? the heroes ones seem pretty small (only 7pages each so 20= 140page comic) should be able to handle it.. ive got a 2gig card with about 300mb free..

also got the latest version of moonshell but having trouble running the movies converted in batchdpg, where do you put them on the card? the root directory? games? Ive now got it in the moonshell and cant see anything.

Can anyone help?

cheers [​IMG]

10. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

I haven't have a problem with CBDS on the latest firmware, I didn't patch it, it just ran.
    You can put those movies anywhere you want, you can browse through and select them when you boot into moonshell.