Hacking Homebrew for flashing drives

SENSENuii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I already have a RGHed Xbox and was wondering if there was some kind of homebrew for flashing the drive that's in the box without a pc

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a reason I'm not really sure of, this was never made.

I only guess it was felt like it wasn't needed though I have a ton of backups on my retail that it was a good surprise my RGH happens to be pre flashed - even if it wasn't, on a RGH you can read out the DVD key of phat Lite On so no problems there as flashing a 360 drive is fairly simple imo.

I do, admit the fact you can't even do this in Linux is kind of odd, for back in the day when it would be feasible.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you have to flash the drive the normal way. you can get your dvd key though, which makes it easier. just open dashlaunch.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
if you have an rgh or jtag you don't really need to flash the drive, I could access and boot software from regular cd and dvdrw (via xexmenu or fsd and can boot linux via xell from a stock drive) flashing is really just for allowing dvd rips of games boot on a stock dash, dvd drive flashing came before homebrew was possible, jtag and rgh have security checks disabled by default so no need really to reflash the drive to cfw unless it was already done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night