PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I've finally gotten everything done and managed to install my 5.00-M336 on my Slim so I'm good to go.

The question is, how do I run homebrew? I seem to recall reading something about devhook, is that another firmware that I need?

Thanks for helping a newb out.

EDIT: Also, what do you use to test the memory stick speed?

Gash_Rover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should ask Twinsparksexe on youtube.....he'll make you a video to show you how...really informative. you should subscribe. Hell help with any psp question

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
PanzerWF said:
Alright, so I've finally gotten everything done and managed to install my 5.00-M336 on my Slim so I'm good to go.

The question is, how do I run homebrew? I seem to recall reading something about devhook, is that another firmware that I need?

Thanks for helping a newb out.

EDIT: Also, what do you use to test the memory stick speed?
To run homebrew, all you need to do is to put it in the /PSP/GAME/ folder on your PSP's memory stick. The homebrew will come in a folder, copy the whole folder over in to that GAME folder.

Once installed, it will show up on your PSP under Game -> Memory Stick.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Devhook is nothing you need worry about and related to the old days where things which needed a particular firmware could be run under a lower one. It's not necessary any more and hasn't been for years.

Homebrew generally does go in the /PSP/GAME/ as ViRGE says..just read the readme files that come with anything you go after.

Memory Stick speed tests are PSXReality Memory Stick Tester and Blackspeed 2 (in order of info produced PSXReality>Blackspeed)

And a 3 post newbie sending people off site? Is that particularly helpful?

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gah.

After I try to load a homebrew, let's say iRshell, it shows the PSP screen, then black, then boots me back to the XMB. What gives?

I think it's because I don't have a 3.xx CFW installed?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nah. 5.00 M33-6 is a pretty good CFW for homebrew. Try booting something I know that works on it - SNES9X TYL. If that doesn't work, post here and we'll try to work this out.

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an error that comes up? Try changing the kernal in recovery menu.
Hold down r while booting up>configuration>Game folder homebrew (5.xx kernal)
Also change umd mode to m33 driver (you can change this in configuration or by pressing select in xmb)

Try that and post what happens

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh Really? said:
Is there an error that comes up? Try changing the kernal in recovery menu.
Hold down r while booting up>configuration>Game folder homebrew (5.xx kernal)
Also change umd mode to m33 driver (you can change this in configuration or by pressing select in xmb)

Try that and post what happens

The error message I get is: The game could not be started. (80010002)

I tried both 1.50 kernal and 5.xx kernal, both did not help.

But I am using a m33-no UMD driver, could that be causing the error?

QUOTE(psywolf @ Sep 21 2009, 04:43 PM) not to hijack your thread but instead of making a new one

for ds homebrew I use
http://www.ds-scene.net/

is there a really good site like that that updates psp homebrew and releases the same way?

No worries, I think it would be useful if this topic became an actual homebrew for dummies guide
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters