Hacking Homebrew Filter

wii knee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Uneek HBFilter sees the apps on SD card but hangs at blackscreen when loading.

I see that I can try putting the apps on the HDD but can't figure out where to put them (tried root and SNEEK folders).

Anyone with some advice to help me load my freakin' apps, pleeeease?

TIA,

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii knee said:
With Uneek HBFilter sees the apps on SD card but hangs at blackscreen when loading.

I see that I can try putting the apps on the HDD but can't figure out where to put them (tried root and SNEEK folders).

TIA,

It might have something to do with the version of the homebrew filter. I'm using the one included in the modmii pack - is that the one you're using as well?

Also, what type of SD card are you using? Some wii apps don't handle SDHC as well as standard SD cards.

wii knee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
wii knee said:

TIA,

It might have something to do with the version of the homebrew filter. I'm using the one included in the modmii pack - is that the one you're using as well?

Also, what type of SD card are you using? Some wii apps don't handle SDHC as well as standard SD cards.

Thx for your reply xfcrowman,

it's a standard SD card and I had the original HB filter from ModMii pack installed. It didn't work and I tried updating...no diff.
Still can't figure it. Or where to put the apps (wads) on USB so HBfilter can access

Any other sugg?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii knee said:
xfcrowman said:
wii knee said:

TIA,

it's a standard SD card and I had the original HB filter from ModMii pack installed. It didn't work and I tried updating...no diff.
Still can't figure it. Or where to put the apps (wads) on USB so HBfilter can access

Any other sugg?

That's weird - I'm not sure why it isn't working. I'm using it with UNEEK + DI, and all my apps are located on the SD card, not the USB.

It could be some issue with SD card compatibility. Can you try another SD card?

wii knee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
wii knee said:
xfcrowman said:
wii knee said:

TIA,

Any other sugg?

That's weird - I'm not sure why it isn't working. I'm using it with UNEEK + DI, and all my apps are located on the SD card, not the USB.

It could be some issue with SD card compatibility. Can you try another SD card?

Will do. But it was totally fine with HBC and remember, I can still view all the apps, they just hang when I try to launch them through HBFilter.

In meantime, would like to know where on USB to put the apps folder!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gong