Hacking Homebrew exploit or Gateway, what's the best option?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello there!

I'm currently on the lookout for the New 3DS in the USA, and since that won't happen until 2015, I can as well begin to prepare for it once it is out.

Now the real question is:
What is my best option to go for?
The Cubic Ninja exploit to install Homebrew or a Gateway card?

My main purpose for hacking the 3DS is because of emulators.
Having a sole handheld device for all my previously owned games is like a dream when I'm on vacations out of my hometown, so I wanted that to keep it around.

What differences are there?
Cons and pros for each method?

I would like to know if Sound implementation to the emulators will be solely exclusive to the HBC exploit or if the emus will work with sound with Gateway too.
I am going a little bit in favor of GW but if GW doesn't allow apps from HBC, I don't want to risk it.

A word from a developer would be good in this.
Any suggestions?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty likely that the Gateway update is still going to allow for homebrew, due to the simple fact it manages to have access to launch roms without new hardware in their cart. Also, Cubic Ninja is sky rocketing in price and the exploit can be patched by Nintendo pretty quick. Gateway still seems like the better bet.

But what you should do is wait until this weekend, which is when the Gateway update is supposed to come out, and then see what its capabilities truly are, instead of all the baseless speculation going on around here over a little bit of grammar from Chinese translated text. Then you can decide which option actually is best for you. If Gateway has a new kernel exploit, then it absolutely will be the better option than Cubic Ninja.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep. Cubic Ninja was already taken off of the japanese eshop before the exploit was even released.
Nintendo has no love for ssspwn plebs. Smealum should release it already, so they can enjoy the trick before the next system update blocks it.

Reactions: MattKimura

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah actually I'm holding my horses for GW announcement and release.
Although, it seems like Cubic Ninja's skyrocket price might not be such a good option since the price and everything else will start to hit the 50 dlls or so.

Can someone give me a kind of a help to order a GW and let it be shipped to Mexico?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s