Homebrew downloader, USB, and homebrew games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by squishynidas, Jun 9, 2011.

1. squishynidas
    OP

Newcomer squishynidas Member

United States
    I am new to soft modding the Wii. I followed the Modmii instructions step by step and I have everything on the Wii now. I used Homebrew downloader but I can't figure out where it downloaded the files or if I just can't get them to work. I also can't figure out how to get Zelda ocarina of time to work off of my usb drive. Any tips or direction will be helpful. I really am new to this and I don't know the in's and outs. I am running 4.3u and i updated using the yugioh method. I have HBC, made a back up, did IOS236 installer, did priloader, and installed usb loader.

2. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    Do you have a harddisk connected or just an sd card in the slot?

The HBC searches for it's homebrew in the apps folder on the root. In that folder you have several subfolders with homebrew applications. In those subfolders, you should find a boot.dol, a xml description file and an optional png file. If you press the 1 button, you can choose between the sd card, the usb harddrive and 2 sd-gecko adapters. Sometimes, if you select the usb drive, you need to reboot the wii before the hbc will show the contents on the usb drive. I know everything works well if your harddrive is fat32 formatted. I don't know if other partitioning systems are supported for the sd card or the harddisk.